The Camp Counselor will assist the Camp Director with leading, teaching, and motivating campers at the camps at the Maryland SoccerPlex and Adventist HealthCare Fieldhouse (AHF). The camp counselor will oversee groups of campers weekly, lead activities based on a curriculum provided by the Camp Director, respond to and report incidents, such as behavioral problems or accidents to the Camp Director, and discuss camper participation and concerns with Camp Director, parents and other camp staff members.
- Working with other camp staff members to plan and coordinate daily camp activities based on schedule provided by the Camp Director.
- Organizing and leading age-appropriate drills, games and activities, explaining the rules and acting as referee.
- Monitoring campers to ensure compliance with camp rules and prevent accidents. Cleaning, maintaining and ensuring proper use of camp facilities and equipment.
- Reporting and recording details of incidents, such as accidents or rule violations, to parents and camp staff.
- Communicating with parents and answering questions about the camp.
- Participating in staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Previous camp counselor experience is preferred
- High School Diploma
Preferred Skills and Qualities
- Strong leadership skills
- Knowledge about youth sports (soccer for soccer camp)
- Passion for positively impacting youth players (loving soccer is a plus!)
- Punctual and Reliable
- Responsible and Proactive
- Positive attitude and personality
- Ability to lift 20 pounds
- Ability to work weekdays, early mornings and middays
- Ability to work in varying climates including heat and rain
- Valid Driver’s License and safe driving record to drive work carts
- Reliable transportation
Employment contingent upon successful completion of a background check and proof of COVID vaccination
$13.25-$15.00 based on experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.