The Badlands Big Sticks was established in 2018 as a founding member of the Expedition League. This internship will run from mid-May through mid-August. The Big Sticks will host 32 home games with an average of 700 fans attending per game. All interns will receive a $1,000 stipend and have housing provided. Preference will be given to applicants that are receiving college credit.
In addition to position responsibilities, each intern will help in preparing and maintaining the ballpark during the season as well as participate in Big Stick-related events and office hours.
- Organize activities for each game, as well as special theme night promotions and execution of all sponsor promotions
- Inventory supplies for games and promotions
- Host for all on field promotions and fan engagement activities in front of 500 to 1,200 fans each game
- Assist in coordination pre-game on-field activities
- Assist in writing game script used by the PA announcer and other staff
- Continually brainstorm new in-game promotion ideas to limit repeating activities, increasing fan involvement
- Other duties as assigned
- Positive Attitude
- Ability to work in a team setting and individually
- Good organizational skills
- Good time management skills
- Good communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Ability to multi-task and follow instructions from multiple supervisors
- Ability to work long hours in a fast-paced environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.