Badlands Big Sticks are seeking to fill the role of Concessions Intern. This seasonal role is responsible for working with the Concession Manager to plan and execute the entire Food and Beverage operation at Dakota Community Bank and Trust Ballpark. The position will include, but not limited to, scheduling, training, ordering, set up, execution, and plan implementation for all events held in the stadium. The Concessions Intern will look to provide exceptional customer experience through quality food and customer service.
The schedule will be challenging, working up to 80+ hours a week during homestands of both Big Stick and other youth games held at the stadium.
All interns will receive a $1,000 stipend and have housing provided. Preference will be given to applicants that are receiving college credit.
In addition to position responsibilities, all interns will be required to help out in all areas of team operations as needed including but not limited to taking out trash, cleaning, and wearing the mascot costume at events.
- Strong supervisory, communication and leadership skills necessary
- Supervise up to a staff of 15 people
- Train staff to use SpotOn Restaurant POS
- Create a daily schedule for staffing, gameday operations, and cleaning
- Ability to quickly handle situations and find resolution
- Oversee Main concession stand and kiosks during all events
- Establish high level customer service protocols
- Maintain food quality and handle consumer issues on game day
- Respond to feedback in rapid and positive manner
- Receive food and beverage products as well as maintaining proper inventory levels.
- Ensure the cleanliness of all food areas.
- Determine stocking needs for each concession location and making sure it is stocked before the game.
- Other related duties as required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to multi-task, work independently, and prioritize in a high stress, fast-paced environment
- Customer service-oriented with the ability to interact with guests and all levels of management throughout the organization
- Team player
- Hospitality, food and beverage, or customer service experience preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.