Golden Gate Fields a Bay Area landmark since 1941. We are looking for outstanding individuals who share our passion for horse racing and serving our customers and employees. Our people and their commitment to customer service are what set us apart. We believe in empowering you to make great decisions and judgment calls. Come join our team!
The On Call Stand Worker prepares food for guests and employees. Must have knowledge of food sanitation, safety, housekeeping procedures and accepted food service techniques. Must be familiar with preparation of choice foods, high standards of presentation.
Compensation: 15.50 per hour
Schedule: Part time Friday-Sunday 10am-5pm based on racing schedule
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Maintain a sanitary work environment. Ensuring that your station in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Follow the procedures in the Production Notes while preparing food for all guests.
- Be familiar with the menus of all stands and bars and be able to refer patrons to other locations.
- Set up counter for hot and cold serving dishes by preparing heating of water pans for hot foods and placement of ice for salads and cold foods.
- Carry container of carbonated beverages and connect plastic tubing to automatic dispenser as needed.
- Take food from concession cooler/freezer and place it in appropriate section of serving counter.
- Adjust thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters, steam kettles, etc.
- Take orders from patrons, prepare order an perform accurate cash transactions.
- Stock and replenish condiments and salt and pepper on counters.
- Draw your stations’ bank from the money room, verify it, and return it as instructed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous experience in food service and cash handling.
- Knowledge of concession stand items and their preparation.
- Thorough understanding of basic inventory control principles.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:(The physical and environmental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
ENVIRONMENT: Standard Concession Stand
FINGER DEXTERITY: Requires typing on standard POS system.
TALKING: Ability to speak on phone and face to face.
HEARING: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
REPETITIVE MOTIONS: Frequent and regular movements using the wrists, hands, and fingers.
AVERAGE VISUAL ABILITIES: Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to view computer screens and documents.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: Medium to heavy work; requiring stooping and exerting up to 25 lbs.
COMMUNICATION AND COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to interpret instructions.
MATHEMATICS ABILITY: Ability to perform basic math skills.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Fluency in English, bilingual welcome. Demonstrated excellence in writing and editing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.