Golden Gate Fields a bay area landmark since 1941. Is now looking for a On Call Dishwasher. We are looking for an outstanding individual who shares our passion for serving our customers and employees, ensuring all dishes are clean and sanitized. Our people and their commitment to customer service are what set us apart. We believe in empowering you to make great decisions and judgment calls. The ideal Dishwasher is motivated, results oriented and committed to providing outstanding service every day.
The Dishwasher is responsible for cleaning and maintaining dishes, pots, pans, trays, kitchen, work areas, equipment and utensils in orderly and sanitary condition.
Schedule Thursday - Monday
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Cleans and sanitizes cooking surfaces at the end of the shift.
- Washes and scrubs all pots and pan as necessary.
- Maintains appropriate health and safety standards according to County codes and guidelines.
- Visits Kitchen, Bars and Concessions at the end of each shift; empties any trash receptacles, properly dispose of garbage, and replace with appropriate liner.
- Sweep and mop floors when necessary.
- Drains and cleans the three compartment sinks, as necessary.
- Weekly and daily cleaning dry storage, walk in shelving, and steam tables.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Must have the ability to communicate verbally to co-workers in Spanish with some understanding of English.
- Must be able to read and comprehend guest orders with no assistance.
- Must be able to stand for full shift, walk up and down stairs.
- Must be able to work in a kitchen environment that often ranges in extreme temperature (hot and cold), can be smoky with loud noises from equipment and other personnel.
- Must be well-organized and have ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:(The physical and environmental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
ENVIRONMENT: Standard kitchen
FINGER DEXERITY: Requires typing on standard computer.
TALKING: Ability to speak on phone and face to face.
HEARING: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
REPETITIVE MOTIONS: Frequent and regular movements using the wrists, hands, and fingers.
AVERAGE VISUAL ABILITIES: Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to view computer screens and documents.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: Medium to heavy work; requiring stooping and exerting up to 50 lbs.
COMMUNICATION AND COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to interpret instructions.
MATHEMATICS ABILITY: Ability to perform basic math skills.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Fluency in English, bilingual welcome. Demonstrated excellence in writing and editing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.