Golden Gate Fields a bay area landmark since 1941. Is now looking for a Money Room Manager. We are looking for an outstanding individual who shares our passion for serving our customers and employees. Our people and their commitment to customer service are what set us apart. We believe in empowering you to make great decisions and judgment calls. The ideal Money Room Manager is motivated, results oriented and committed to providing outstanding service every day.
The purpose of this position is to Manage the Money Room. The ideal candidate will have a positive disposition, have office experience and have the ability to work with a wide array of people. We are looking for someone who can work in a fast-paced accounting office, takes pride in their work, always looks out for the company’s best interests and is a true team player.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Prepare daily cash banks for Operations and Catering Sales points.
- Balance Vault to ensure correct amount of money has been issued for daily sales points.
- Always have any money issued from the room signed out by the person receiving it.
- Collect all sales points at end of day. Verify that monies received balance to the seller cash balance sheet.
- Verify that Bank amounts issued are always returned to the money room.
- Prepare Excel spreadsheet at end of day for Operations sales points and balance with the Operations Office.
- Email report to Operations Office.
- Verify all sales points for Catering department. Ensure money balances to seller cash balance sheet.
- Prepare Excel spreadsheet for Catering. Include total from Operations spreadsheet to determine amount of Bank deposit for daily sales from both Departments.
- Pull the money for the deposit from the vault.
- Do a safe count to ensure vault is in balance and correct money is being sent to the bank.
- Prepare deposit for shipment to bank and take to Mutual Money room for pick up.
- Email catering spreadsheet to Santa Anita Accounting
- Photocopy all spreadsheets and send to Santa Anita Accounting with a copy of the deposit slip and any credit card slips from sales that day.
- Prepare loose coin deposit as necessary.
- Ensure that vault is stocked with adequate cash and coin denominations to prepare required banks for sales points.
- Order currency and coin from Mutual Money room Manager when needed.
- Assist Operations Department with lunch breaks for various sales points.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Prior accounting/bookkeeping office experience preferred
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to lift heavy coin
- 2 years cash handling experience.
- Communication skills to train new employees on procedures for cash.
- Math skills
- Adding machine, currency counter and coin counter machines.
- Office experience with data entry, outlook, internet
- Ability to accurately meet firm deadlines and follow rules and regulations
- Will be trained to work on custom software so must be a fast learner
- Ability to work under fast-paced environment along with accepting new tasks and responsibilities as they come up. Must have good phone skills and the ability to communicate clearly & interact effectively.
- Required to pass background check and state license/fingerprint requirements for horseracing industry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong Interpersonal skill
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent Organizational skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: (The physical and environmental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
ENVIRONMENT: Standard Office / Racing Track
FINGER DEXTERITY: Requires typing on standard computer.
TALKING: Ability to speak on phone and face to face.
HEARING: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
REPETITIVE MOTIONS: Frequent and regular movements using the wrists, hands, and fingers.
AVERAGE VISUAL ABILITIES: Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to view computer screens and documents.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: Medium to heavy work; requiring stooping and exerting up to 50 lbs. of force lifting, carrying, and or packing.
COMMUNICATION AND COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to interpret instructions.
MATHEMATICS ABILITY: Ability to perform basic math skills, use decimals to compute ratios and percentages, and to draw and interpret graphs.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Fluency in English. Demonstrated excellence in writing and editing.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.