Golden Gate Fields a bay area landmark since 1941. Is now looking for a Commissary Supervisor. We are looking for an outstanding individual who shares our passion for serving our customers and employees, ensuring all commissary is stocked. Our people and their commitment to customer service are what set us apart. We believe in empowering you to make great decisions and judgment calls. The ideal Commissary Supervisor is motivated, results oriented and committed to providing outstanding service every day.
The role of the Commissary Supervisor is to ensure the success of the department. Commissary Supervisor will be responsible for staffing and ensuring that the commissary has adequate inventory. The Commissary Supervisor will also be responsible for managing staff and supervision of the concession stands.
Hourly Compensation: $21 - $25 per hour
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Maintain a sanitary work environment and control stand inventories.
- Establish a system of controls for the physical inventory to prevent losses due to over-production, spoilage and pilfering.
- Perform physical inventories and reconcile with accounting.
- Issue product out to the various outlets based on projected usage.
- Maintain Inventory Tracking System
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness and safety standards in all outlets.
- Train commissary and stand workers on all stand procedures, equipment operation and safety rules.
- Assist with planning for special group menus and parties.
- Submit request for food, beverages, and supplies.
- Receive all product and supplies into the commissary, maintaining proper documentation.
- Staff and supervise the commissary and stand workers in conjunction with Food & Beverage Management.
- Maintain all equipment, servicing and repairing as needed.
- Ability to communicate clearly and interact effectively with varied groups of people.
- Ability to cope with hostile situations and work under pressure.
- Ability to operate administrative equipment and systems and meet scheduled deadlines.
- Dependable, trustworthy, and flexible; able to work with minimum supervision.
- Thorough understanding of basic inventory control and basic accounting principles.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: (The physical and environmental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
ENVIRONMENT: Standard Restaurant
FINGER DEXTERITY: Requires typing on standard computer.
TALKING: Ability to speak on phone and face to face.
HEARING: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
REPETITIVE MOTIONS: Frequent and regular movements using the wrists, hands, and fingers.
AVERAGE VISUAL ABILITIES: Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to view computer screens and documents.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: Medium to heavy work; requiring stooping and exerting up to 10 lbs. of force lifting, carrying, and or packing food resources.
COMMUNICATION AND COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to interpret instructions.
MATHEMATICS ABILITY: Ability to perform basic math skills, use decimals to compute ratios and percentages, and to draw and interpret graphs.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Fluency in English. Demonstrated excellence in writing and editing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.