We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
The Manager of Production is primarily responsible for overseeing the advancing of upcoming shows, and the scheduling of labor for AV needs (both 3rd party as well as On-Call). Additionally, the role is responsible for maintaining all Lighting and Sound equipment for the facility. The position reports to the Director of Operations regarding the overall production functions of the facility.
- Provides specific leadership and direction to the Production department.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with production contactors and vendors of the facility.
- Oversees the timely and effective response to requests received from external organizations, agencies, departments, and individuals.
- Assures and maintains the integrity of the department and company in all forms of communication and personal contacts.
- Liaise with prospective event promoters, producers and touring productions, ensuring a clear and accurate representation of the venue.
- Manage and report production-related expenses for event settlements as necessary.
- Ensure efficient utilization of personnel and resources within the respective departments of this position.
- Continually advise and update the Director of Operations on all areas of Arena Productions.
- Maintain functionality of all AV equipment within the facility. Make appropriate repairs as necessary. Provide necessary preventive maintenance efforts to maximize equipment lifespan.
- Manage the training for all staff that report to them.
- Ensure compliance with all safety regulations and Code compliance for the operation of the facility.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Expertise in efficiently and effectively operating AV systems.
- Working knowledge of supplies, equipment and protocols needed for a similar sized venue.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate large projects simultaneously.
- Maintain awareness of new developments and trends in the field of audio, video, and lighting.
- OSHA 30 certification preferred, but not required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field, but experience may substitute for education.
- Minimum of Five (5) years of experience in operating similar facilities.
- Proven experience in managing personnel in a similar leadership role.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS AND/OR DUTIES
- Ability to work in dark, bright, smoky, dusty, cold and/or confined spaces.
- Ability to lift at least 25 pounds and push/pull items with or without assistance.
- Able to walk/stand for prolonged periods of time on hard surfaces.
- Comfortable working around large crowds.
- Willing to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Execute other job duties as assigned.