The intern is a critical position to the Youngstown Phantoms organization and this internship position will begin immediately. This is the internship if you’re looking to get your foot in the door, and start your career in sports with hands-on experience! One of the most crucial areas of sport is ticket sales. Ticket sales are the financial foundation of all sports teams and there is a direct correspondence of increased sponsorship sales with increase ticket sales. The majority of sports jobs available in the industry are in sales because of its impact and importance to the success of an organization. It is important to maintain a positive & outgoing attitude, engage in provided sales training, and enjoy meeting new people at events to help increase attendance throughout the season.The ideal candidate will possess a strong desire to work within sports as well as outstanding verbal and written skills.
· Learn and understand all ticketing offers
· Assist with the daily operations in the Youngstown Phantoms ticket sales offices
· Interact with customers face to face, via the telephone, and email.
· Phone calls to prospective clients with presented sales list
· Use of on-line ticketing system to process sales and renewals (Ticketmaster)
· Find creative solutions to generating ticket sales
· Assist in ticket reconciliation, cash management, data entry, event operations, player guest management and duties as assigned by the Ticketing Manager
· The position involves extensive customer contact and requires excellent communication service and organizational skills
· Additional responsibilities would include assisting game-day staff with different special events during hockey games
· Evening and weekend hours required during hockey season
Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Intern must be local to the Youngstown, OH area or be willing to move or commute to Youngstown, OH.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.