The Dubuque Fighting Saints are looking for a dynamic salesperson to join our ticket sales team. This individual must be high energy and self-driven to hit sales goals. The position is built around maximizing sales of season ticket memberships, group tickets, and individual tickets for Dubuque Fighting Saints home games. All employees are responsible for helping create and execute game-day promotions and fan experiences during the USHL season. Account Executives are also expected to be a reliable presence at community events in the Dubuque area.
The Fighting Saints are looking for the following qualities in the people that join are team.
Passion: You must have a passion for your career and continuous improvement. Our team is expected to get better every day and have the desire to learn and grow both personally and professionally.
Great Attitude: Everyone must have a positive attitude that lifts each other up and keeps morale strong.
Work Ethic: This is a position for someone with a solid work ethic. Success in this position requires persistence and a consistent and solid effort every day.
Results Oriented & Competitive: You must be a person who is driven by meeting and exceeding goals and expectations and is committed to working tirelessly to achieve success. Each member of the team’s contribution to our business is critical to our success. You must see your work as a reflection of your own self-image and be committed to maximizing every opportunity available to you and the organization.
Coachability: To become a great salesperson takes practice and training. You must be open to feedback, learn from it and put it into action. We are looking for people who want to be coached and understand that to be successful, they must be willing to learn.
Integrity: When you put on the Fighting Saints logo, you are part of a championship tradition in the USHL. Everything you do in this community is a direct reflection on the team and you must always uphold our standards.
- Sell a full menu of ticket products, including, but not limited to, corporate partner packages, season ticket memberships, premium products and group tickets.
- Meet or exceed weekly, monthly and annual individual performance goals.
- Set and complete out of office sales appointments.
- Make daily outbound sales calls with the goal of generating new ticket revenue.
- Meet with Manager to set goals and discuss strategy for attaining sales goals.
- Generate leads by researching prospective clients and organizations.
- Track, record and update prospecting efforts in our ticketing database.
- Help coordinate and execute sales campaigns.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Be attentive and responsive during training sessions and be willing to adjust your presentation style based on feedback from supervisors.
- Attend networking events and participate in all community ticket sale events.
- Attend on-site and off-site sales meetings as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Manager.
- Prefer candidates that live in the Dubuque, Iowa area
- Bachelor’s degree in Sports Administration or business-related field preferred.
- Prior experience in sports ticket sales is a plus.
- Some experience with ticketing programs (Glitnir Ticketing) is a plus.
- Ability to work extended days and hours, including holidays and weekends.
- Able to interact with all levels of the organization in a comfortable manner.
- Self-motivated with high character and strong work ethic.
- Passion for sports sales, promotions, and fan engagement.
- Must be able to represent the Dubuque Fighting Saints in a positive and professional manner with our clients and the Dubuque community.
- Occasional travel is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.