The 2021 Clark Cup Champion Chicago Steel, member of the United States Hockey League, is looking to add an Analytics Intern to their hockey operations staff to help build and maintain the club’s analytics database.
The Steel are seeking a hardworking individual looking to take the next step in their career in the sports industry. Our Analytics Intern will work directly with the General Manager and have a hands-on role with accumulating and organizing the data as well as producing reports. Knowledge of the sport of hockey is preferred but not required.
- The position is entirely remote - you do not need to be present in Illinois.
- August 15, 2021 through end of 2021-2022 season (as late as May 25, 2022)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with selection of key metrics to analyze.
- Collecting, organizing, and managing game data.
- Producing actionable insights from the data.
- Building visual representations of the data.
- Working with the management team to streamline the use of data into player development.
- Adhere to policies outlined in the team’s Employee Handbook and adhere to all USHL policies regarding analytics.
The qualified candidate should have:
- Must be 18 years or older, able to receive college course credit for the internship, and have a motivated, positive attitude.
- Analytics / coding skills
- Passion for sports
- Desire to help turn data into improved performance
- Must have own computer and internet access
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.