Game Night Entertainment Internship - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins (Wilkes-Barre · PA)
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins jobs
Sports Jobs in Wilkes-Barre · PA
The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins are looking for qualified, motivated students to be a part of our internship program, specifically Game Night Entertainment. These interns will play a pivotal role in executing all game operations, including in-stand activities, intermissions, and other various promotions.
- Ensure arena is set-up and ready to go for when doors open by setting up props, handouts, equipment needed, etc.
- Serve as promotional team with Emcee and Mascot.
- Assist in the set-up/coordination of in-stand activities and on-ice intermission performances and contests. Provide thorough explanations of how these are going to run for smooth and seamless execution.
- Approach fans and engage with them and search for contestants for in-stand activities, intermission contests, and other various promotions.
- Assist in coordination of all pre-game/post-game activities and ceremonies (light shows, mascot skates/entrances, team entrances, ceremonial puck drops, anthems, etc.)
- Execute breakdown of arena on certain nights by putting away props, handouts, equipment, etc.
- Assist in brainstorm, creation, and production of game night graphics, ideas, and planning for activities, etc. during office hours.
- Assist with other office duties as assigned and be willing to help out all departments.
- Basic knowledge of hockey and the Penguins organization is required.
- Experience in game operations, promotions are preferred but not required.
- Flexible schedule and hours based on week to week work duties.
- Available to work holidays, evenings, and weekends.
- Outgoing, energetic and positive attitude.
- Ability to listen actively and follow directions properly.
- Creative thinker and the ability to adjust and work on the fly in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, (Photoshop, Premier, After Effects.)
- Represent the Penguins brand in a professional manner in the office and at the arena.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.