Staff Accountant - Tucson Roadrunners (Tucson · AZ)
Tucson Roadrunners jobs
Sports Jobs in Tucson · AZ
Accounting and Finance: Accounting/Finance other
Job Title: Staff Accountant
Reporting: President (AHL)
The Staff Accountant will perform accounting and analytical functions for the Tucson Roadrunners by the direction of the Team President and the organizations’ CFO (Arizona Coyotes).
This position will prepare journal entries and accruals for month-end closing, monthly reconciliations of balance sheets, and accounting for concessions, merchandise and parking royalties. This role will assist in the preparation of client-prepared audit and tax schedule, monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reports and annual budget preparation. The position will also perform special projects as needed.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with organization’s accounting department (Arizona Coyotes).
- Prepare journal entries and accruals for month-end closing process.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts.
- Maintenance of automated bank reconciliation (Positive Pay) exceptions, including preparation of deposits/wire transfers as needed.
- Daily/monthly reconciliation of deferred tickets.
- Accounting for concessions, merchandise and parking royalties.
- Intercompany Accounting.
- Work with the Tucson Arena on game settlements and lease action items
- Assist in preparation of client-prepared audit and tax schedules.
- Assist in monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reports and prepare variance analysis.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial and other reports as required/requested by management or external third-parties.
- Assist in annual budget preparation as well as periodic forecasting activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge/Skills/Job Qualifications:
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Ability to summarize and analyze accounting information.
- Ability to record and document financial transactions.
- Knowledge of accounting practices including Revenue Recognition, Accruals and Intercompany.
- Strong math aptitude and ability to attend to detail.
- Advanced Proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrate sound organizational, coordinating and personal interface skills.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to successfully communicate with the public, other employees and vendors.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven job reliability, diligence and dedication.
Education and Formal Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Financial Discipline required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Staff Accountant and/or Auditor, or other finance
Material and Equipment Used:
- Expert Microsoft Excel skills (advanced functions, strong layout skills, charts, data staging, pivot tables, and data connections).
- Strong knowledge of other MS Office tools (Word, Outlook, & PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of NetSuite Software preferred.
- Knowledge of KORE Software (Customer Relationship Management) preferred.
- Knowledge of Ticketmaster Archtics preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
What are your salary expectations?