Accounting Coordinator with Tucson Roadrunners in Tucson · AZ
Tucson Roadrunners jobs
Sports Jobs in Tucson · AZ
Accounting and Finance: Accounting/Finance other
Reporting: President, Roadrunners and Sr. Director of Finance
The Accounting Coordinator will perform accounting and analytical functions for the Roadrunners, American Hockey League Affiliate of the Coyotes, at the direction of the Sr. Director of Finance.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- In coordination with the Senior Buyer, process all purchases from requests through entry to payables system, including receiving goods and invoice, as appropriate.
- Process all invoices for sponsorships and other related matters in accordance with sponsorship agreements.
- Record payments from customers timely.
- Manage A/R aging in accordance with aging policies.
- Maintain communication with customers with past due balances and identify customers for collection notices to be sent from Coyotes offices.
- Manage banking activity as required, including deposits and cash vault orders, as needed.
- Assist Community Relations Department with operation of 50/50 raffle operations, including managing cash, collecting all appropriate documentation from winners, and coordinating recording of activity with Glendale office of the Foundation.
- Prepare journal entries and accruals for month-end closing process.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts.
- Daily/monthly reconciliation of deferred tickets.
- Coordinating with building manager on monthly game settlement.
- Accounting for concessions, merchandise and parking royalties.
- Coordinate with Coyotes finance staff regarding intercompany accounting matters.
- Assist in monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reports, prepare variance analysis.
- Assist in annual budget preparation as well as periodic forecasting activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge/Skills/Job Qualifications:
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Ability to summarize and analyze accounting information.
- Ability to record and document financial transactions.
- Knowledge of accounting practices including Revenue Recognition, Accruals and Intercompany.
- Strong math aptitude and ability to attend to detail.
- Advanced Proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrate sound organizational, coordinating and personal interface skills.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to successfully communicate with the public, other employees and vendors.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven job reliability, diligence and dedication.
Education and Formal Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Financial Discipline required.
- Minimum 2-4 years’ experience as an Accounts Payable or Accounts Receivable Clerk, or Accounting Coordinator.
Material and Equipment Used:
- Expert Microsoft Excel skills (advanced functions, strong layout skills, charts, data staging, pivot tables, and data connections).
- Strong knowledge of other MS Office tools (Word, Outlook, & PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of NetSuite Software preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?