Video Production Internship - WINTER BREAK - Syracuse Crunch Hockey Club (Syracuse · NY)
Syracuse Crunch Hockey Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Syracuse · NY
The participant will work under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer, Vice President of Communications & Digital Media, and Video Production Manager and will contribute to video production projects for the Syracuse Crunch.
Candidates should have flexible schedules to be at the arena for practices and morning skates, community events in the evening and all home games.
The internship will provide various skills through hands-on experience, while working closely with the Crunch radio/television broadcaster and the Crunch’s video production professionals. Chosen candidate(s) will explore inner workings of a professional sports team’s video needs in terms of content development, logistics, production and distribution. Candidate will learn how to engage the Crunch fan base through multi-media platforms.
- Produce highlight package for each Syracuse Crunch home game
- Shoot and produce interview segments in conjunction with Crunch broadcaster
- Assist in production of Crunch promotional videos
- Enhance the Crunch’s online video presence
- Help manage Crunch video archive
- Coordinate team video production needs with Crunch staff
- Work home games and events as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned in the areas of media relations
- Experience with non-linear editing programs (candidate will be using Adobe Premiere)
- Knowledge of ENG (electronic news gathering) production and workflow
- Knowledge of field and studio production elements including lighting, audio, set design, etc.
- Strong creative, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Candidate should be an undergraduate or graduate student pursuing related degree
- Understanding of the rules of hockey recommended; experience in sports preferred, but not necessary
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights and weekends
- Winter Break
- Game days: 5 p.m. - 11 p.m.
- Other scheduled times to be determined
This is a non-paid internship. When negotiated with each individual college, credit will be granted. There is parking reimbursement.