Broadcast Internship with Syracuse Crunch Hockey Club in Syracuse, NY
Syracuse Crunch Hockey Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Syracuse, NY
The participant will work under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer, Broadcaster and Senior Manager of Public Relations & Digital Media and will be introduced to the broadcasting and media relations aspects of a professional sports team.
Candidates should have flexible schedules to be at the arena for practices and morning skates and all home games.
The internship will provide various skills through hands-on experience, while working closely with the Crunch radio/television broadcaster. Chosen candidate(s) will become knowledgeable of the necessary preparation and inner workings of a professional hockey broadcast.
- Assist in the preparation for the Crunch radio/television broadcasts
- Serve as the official statistician for the Crunch radio/television broadcasters
- Possibility of on-air experience for select radio broadcasts
- Conduct interviews with players and coaches for the broadcasts and other forms of media outlets
- Contribute to the content of the game day press notes
- Work home games and events as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned in the areas of media relations
- Candidate should be an undergraduate or graduate student interested in seeking a career in sports broadcasting or journalism
- Strong creative, organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of the rules of ice hockey, strongly recommended
- Experience in sports preferred, but not necessary
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights and weekends
- One semester in length (15 weeks)
- 15-40 hours per week (negotiable)
- Attendance at a minimum of one (1) practice or morning skate each week§ Attendance at a minimum of one (1) practice or morning skate each week
- Game days 9 a.m.-11:30 p.m.
This is a non-paid internship. When negotiated with each individual college, credit will be granted. There is parking reimbursement.
Contact Brigid Heslin at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
How did you hear about this job?