AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
The Reign Ice Crew is a co-ed, promotional and interactive team that act as ambassadors for the Ontario Reign organization at games, events, and marketing initiatives throughout the community. The main job function is to be happy, professional brand ambassadors who cheerfully interact with the public. They also act as street team/promotional marketing team. Ice Crew Members are the bridge between our fans, our community, and our Ontario Reign team. They are the first faces seen at games and events.
- Act as a brand ambassador and cheerfully interact with guests at Ontario Reign games and events
- Provide promotional and operational support to the Game Presentation department during all Ontario Reign home games and requested events
- Assist and participate during rehearsals, including: ice skating warmup, opening introductions, in-game promotions, intermission activities, ceremonies, flags, performances, color guards, group activities, etc
- Prep and utilize equipment and props and other materials that will be used during the game/event, including performance mats and arena banners
- Promptly communicate any problems, issues, or feedback to production management
- Work with vendors, talent, players, executives, and guests to successfully execute all scripted elements and improvised game/event elements as required and as assigned with a smile
- Responsible for ensuring that all pre-game, in-game, and post-game entertainment elements occur promptly at their pre-designated time and are executed accurately.
- Quickly adapt to changes to scripted elements
- Ensure any/all safety and other precautions have been taken regarding participants in all promotions and activities, particularly those on-ice
- Providing and assisting with safety equipment, waivers, etc.
- Work with game/event management to ensure all prizing for any/all promotions or activities is distributed as instructed
- Find/secure contestants as required; escort talent, guests, experiential participants, and/or staff as requested
- Ensure setup and distribution of all promotional items at doors and in arena
- Manage giveaway redemption tables, fundraising tables, and Chuck A Puck tables as needed
- Sell promo items and raffle tickets to benefit the Hope Reigns Foundation as requested
- Assist with duties as assigned for events including fan fests and watch parties
- Represent the Ontario Reign organization at outside events and appearances throughout the community such as charity functions, fan development events, watch parties, grassroots marketing events, school visits, etc.
- For Ice Maintenance Skaters: Skate pattern on the ice to remove build-up during media timeouts and overtime. Also collect hats during hat tricks. Cheer on the team when not on the ice.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
Ice Crew must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skill and abilities:
- Must be proactive, organized, and resourceful with great attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, meet tight timelines, and work effectively in a high pressure and fast-paced environment
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and ability to prioritize efficiently and quickly
- Outstanding customer service and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to professionally and calmly communicate and interact with all levels of management, staff, guests, children, executives, celebrities, players, VIP’s, etc. even in high pressure situations
- Flexible schedule; able to commit to 80% or more of Ontario Reign home games (all Ice Crew are not required to work all home games – games are scheduled on a rotating basis amongst the Stage Manager pool of employees).
- Must be 18+ years of age
- Must be a high school graduate (or equivalent). Bachelor’s degree, or current college student, is strongly preferred
- A minimum of 0-1 years of related work experience
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time
- Ability to move about frequently as needed during events/games
- Available to work home games; nights and weekends
- Strong customer service skills and smiling, cheerful demeanor required
- Strong team-player; “above and beyond” work ethic and mentality
- AHL/Hockey knowledge and passion is a plus
- For Ice Maintenance: Intermediate ice skating skills preferred
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.