Ice Crew Member - Iowa Wild (Des Moines · IA)
Iowa Wild jobs
Sports Jobs in Des Moines · IA
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Game Day/Event Staff
Our Ice Team is made up of inspired, creative, eager and talented minds who passionately grow the sport of hockey in Iowa. We are constantly learning, growing, and adapting to new technology and platforms to connect and engage with our fans. Our vision is to grow stronger together as a hockey community, connect with our fans and partners in a meaningful way, and entertain the state of Iowa with an exciting, professional, and innovative product. Our Ice Crew Skaters play a key role in bringing that vision to life.
As an Ice Crew Member, YOU:
- Take pride in entertaining our fans. Providing a memorable, entertaining experience for our fans, regardless of the score, is what keeps them coming back. Are you interested in creating those memories by executing a game plan that ensures a first-class entertainment experience? Working with the Manager of Game Operations and the rest of our game presentation team, you will contribute to the best show in the AHL.
- Find ice skating to be second-nature. As a member of the ice crew, you display proficient skating ability throughout the course of the game. This goes beyond just cleaning snow off the ice at media timeouts. You thrive on chasing after props during intermission games, picking up all pucks in a short time after team warmups, and even being ready at a moment’s notice to rush out at stoppage in play to fix a trouble patch in the ice.
- Thrive in front of a crowd. As a member of our ice crew, there’s more than just cleaning up snow from the ice. Our skaters are also expected to be comfortable being in front of, and entertaining, large crowds. This can range from encouraging them to make noise, throwing out t-shirts during intermissions, playing acting roles as part of a script on theme nights, and much more. Your fun energy is infectious and encourages our fans to feed into it.
- Are comfortable when plans change. You understand that each game script is figuratively written in pencil, not pen. At any point during a game, the Manager of Game Operations may call an audible that completely deviates from what is planned. You consider yourself as someone who does well at thinking on their feet, as well as communicating a changing plan to everyone that needs to be informed.
YOU ARE A:
- Face of the Franchise. Timely, professional, and courteous are ingrained in your being. You represent the Iowa Wild at every game. There will always be a smile on your face and your body language is always inviting of conversation and connection.
- Pillar of our Fan Development Efforts. Growing the sport of hockey in Central Iowa has been a huge part of the Iowa Wild brand since the team’s inception in 2013. With your assistance, the Wild organization will continue to leave a positive mark on those they cross paths with. Your hard work on game days are part of an entertaining product that will better connect the organization with our fan base and grow the relationship between the team and its biggest supporters!
- Cultural Centerpiece. Your interaction with our employees, fans and community is constant. Day or night, weekday or weekend, connections matter. People see you as a supportive resource and a critical part of our team and the Iowa Wild’s culture and brand. You thrive on interactions within our community, sharing our customer benefit programs and promoting the sport of hockey. You present the best version of yourself and our brand, both on and off the ice. Approaching this job requires the time, flexibility and willingness to communicate, collaborate, and understand that the different gears of our organization work together as one to produce results. From setting up on the morning of game day, to tearing down at night afterwards, long game days will become part of your routine.
- Servant Leader. At the Iowa Wild, everything we do is grounded in serving. You serve our organization, each other, our fans and our community. Leadership is not a rank, it’s an acknowledgement of responsibility knowing you are connected to our team-oriented organization and the fans we serve.
IOWA WILD WILL:
- Listen to you. We need your thoughts, ideas and passion to help make this the best team in sports and entertainment. You talk, we’ll listen.
- Treat you like an adult. We will trust you to get the work done in a way that makes sense for you. We measure output and impact.
- Support you. We promise you'll be surrounded by people equally committed to the Iowa Wild and producing a product that is the best in the state of Iowa, the AHL, and all of hockey. You won’t find more passionate people all focused on growing the sport. Go Wild!
- Commit to Diversity Equity & Inclusion. We drive social change and foster inclusivity by providing a safe, positive and welcoming environment for you, all community members and employees regardless of race, ethnicity, gender identity, background or experience.
THE FINE PRINT:
- Must be a proficient ice skater.
- Reliable transportation to transport event set up and materials is required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; nights, weekends, and holidays is required.
- Available to work all 36 home games, plus outside events.
- This position requires the incumbent to be fully vaccinated per NHL/AHL Covid-19 Protocol for the 2021-22 season. This vaccination requirement (including without limitation, reasonable accommodation requests, employee privacy and other employment considerations) is based on applicable laws in our jurisdiction.
- In accordance with the ADA the physical requirements for this role include sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, lifting, grasping, etc. Should an accommodation be requested MSE will evaluate the request and provide reasonable accommodation under accordance of the ADA.