Graphic Designer - Iowa Wild (Des Moines · IA)
- Promote community programs, strategic marketing campaigns, and events through story telling and design. We are in the business of creating lifelong memories. And you are in the business of enhancing those memories by providing a great experience and interaction with the Iowa Wild brand through design and storytelling. Working closely with the Director of Marketing, Community Programs & Events, you will strategically promote and brand Iowa Wild’s games, community initiatives, programs, and events. Your execution in promoting these games and events will impact the future success of the Iowa Wild, not only the connection with the community, but the growth of our fan base and the sport of hockey.
- Lead and manage Iowa Wild creative partnerships. Just as we develop and invest in our players, we develop and invest in our staff. You will manage our third party creative relationship and lead the videographer to create best-in-class social media, game presentation, and promotional videos to further enhance our brand.
- Proudly build our brand. You will execute all of the organization’s creative needs and the department’s workflow by managing the day-to-day design operations. You will execute a wide range of initiatives and campaigns, including digital, social and print media that fits the organization’s brand identity and visual standards.
- Never work the same day twice. This position works on different projects that range from print collateral (magazines, print ads, flyer) to digital content (social media, videoboard, website) to miscellaneous projects (Zamboni, Blimp, Jerseys) which keeps everyday fresh and unique. You will support the entire organization as the design guru which includes sales, sponsorship, marketing, and hockey ops.
YOU ARE A:
- Master of multi-tasking and time management. You are a pro with design, production, and project management software that help effectively manage your day-to-day schedule and all of your projects. You work on a variety of projects simultaneously including branding, digital, website, social media, email, signage, sales collateral, community events and corporate sponsorship pieces and are too organized to become overwhelmed. Transparent communication is natural for you. You effectively manage your own schedule, never missing deadlines, and keep your manager informed on your progress.
- Craftsman of creativity. Creativity is in your blood. And that passion is so palpable and it shows in your work. You love pushing the envelope and researching and learning new ways to keep our image fresh while on-brand. Creativity not only comes through in your design, but also through your support of teammates and helping the marketing and sales teams problem-solve. You love constructive criticism because you are passionate about what’s best for the organization and you love learning the whys.
- Cultural centerpiece. People see you as a positive, supportive resource and a critical part of our team and the Iowa Wild’s culture and brand. You inspire new ways of thinking and explore the unknown using fresh and unique approaches to design to create and solve visual communication opportunities that bring the brand to life. Approaching this job requires the time, flexibility and willingness to communicate, collaborate, and understand that the different gears of our organization work together as one to produce results.
- Servant leader. At the Wild, everything we do is grounded in serving. You serve our organization, each other, our fans and our community. Leadership is not a rank, it’s not about being in charge; it’s about taking care of those in our charge. You inspire those around us to dream more, learn more, do more and become more. You keep an open mind and are receptive to feedback that benefits the organization. And you’re not afraid to use resources around you. You collaborate with every person you meet because you know there is always something to learn and ideas to hear.
IOWA WILD WILL:
- Listen to you. We need your thoughts, ideas and passion to help make this the best team in sports and entertainment. You talk, we’ll listen.
- Treat you like an adult. We will trust you to get the work done in a way that makes sense for you. We measure output and impact.
- Challenge you. We promise you'll be surrounded by people equally committed to the Iowa Wild and producing a product that is the best in the state of Iowa, the AHL, and all of hockey. You won’t find more passionate people all focused on growing the sport. Go Wild!
- Commit to Diversity Equity & Inclusion. We drive social change and foster inclusivity by providing a safe, positive and welcoming environment for you, all community members and employees regardless of race, ethnicity, gender identity, background or experience.
THE FINE PRINT:
- A degree in Graphic or New Media Design with at least 2-3 years of experience is required
- Proficient knowledge with a Mac environment in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign), knowledge in After Effects is a plus
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; nights, weekends, and holidays is required
- In accordance with the ADA the physical requirements for this role include sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, lifting, grasping, etc. Should an accommodation be requested MSE will evaluate the request and provide reasonable accommodation under accordance of the ADA.
Are you currently eligible to work in the United States of America?
Briefly, please describe why you want to be a part of the Iowa Wild family?
Were you referred to this position by a current employee? If yes, please list the employee who referred you.
How many years of experience do you have in graphic design?