Safety and Security Officer II with Black Knights Sports & Entertainment, LLC in Henderson · NV
Black Knights Sports & Entertainment, LLC jobs
Sports Jobs in Henderson · NV
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Security
Black Knight Sports & Entertainment LLC owns the NHL’s Vegas Golden Knights and is launching an American Hockey League (AHL) team, in Henderson, Nevada. The Henderson Silver Knights will serve as the primary minor league affiliate to the Golden Knights. We are excited that the construction of a second facility in Henderson is underway and is expected to open near future. We are proud of this growth, and we are looking to hire exceptional Safety and Security Officers as part of our team.
The Safety and Security Officer will be responsible for maintaining the safety, and security of our guests, employees, and company assets at Henderson and Lifeguard Arena and or City National Arena
- Monitors security systems, alarm systems, and access controls
- Inspect and patrol premises regularly
- Identify and mitigate potential security and safety risks
- Actively engage visitors and guests as a company ambassador
- Conduct injury/accident investigations
- Complete incident reports and required documentation for all safety and security-related incidents make appropriate notifications per notification protocols
- Monitor surveillance cameras and respond to and mitigate problems or suspicious behavior
- Communicate with law enforcement, fire departments, and emergency medical personnel
- Monitor public access and ensure the security of all personnel and visitors
- Secure company's property and assets against theft and safety/fire hazards
- Demonstrate good judgment and quickly identify the best course of action for dealing with dangerous or difficult situations
- Respond to alarms and analyze video security footage
- Investigate suspicious behavior, incidents, and security breaches
- Controls vehicular and pedestrian traffic during times of congestion
- Maintain an activity log and preparing surveillance reports
- Adhere to company policies and legal regulations
- Assist facility operations staff in securing an area during a maintenance emergency, and contribute to team effort by accomplishing related collaborative tasks as needed
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing other related responsibilities or results as needed
- Educate fellow linemates of appropriate safety and security practice
Key Competencies and Experience:
- High school diploma/GED
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Security Officer or law enforcement equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of public safety regulations and security operations
- Ability to take direction well, and work with various teams to discuss and plan new ideas
- Trained in First Aid, CPR, and defensive tactics
- Must possess strong customer service skills and patience
- Ability to demonstrate a flexible can-do attitude
This position may routinely call for long periods of standing, and completion of repetitive functions requiring focus and observation.
Work-related travel between Lifeguard and City National Arena needed.
This is not a 9-5, 40 hour a week job. Candidates must be prepared to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- No ego, ‘We’ not ‘Me’ approach to everything we do
- Positive energy
- Relentless work ethic
- Always advance
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?