Social Media Intern - Grand Rapids Griffins (Grand Rapids · MI)
Grand Rapids Griffins jobs
Sports Jobs in Grand Rapids · MI
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop concise, eye-catching, and innovative content to support a cohesive digital strategy
- Daily management of team social media platforms.
- Create and implement a social media calendar, detailing the content, messaging, and platform of each post to ensure timely publication of marketing content
- Remain current on digital marketing trends, news, etc., and update senior management on best practices that can be incorporated into our digital marketing strategy
- Ensure day-to-day communication with management while providing weekly analysis of work, maintaining current and accurate records of individual projects
- Data reporting on various platforms in weekly presentation with management
- Assist the digital marketing staff with game coverage duties including, but not limited to Griffins app push notifications, Twitter updates and AHLTV management
- Assist in the coverage of teams’ road games
- Responsible for covering community events and team events on each of the different platforms
- Approve social media posts from fans that are displayed on the arena video board and TV in the lounge
- Interact and start dialogue with fans about Griffins social media, including informing them about special social media and ticket promotions and theme nights
- Assist with in-game fan interaction, including handing out prizes and managing Twitter contests
- Must be actively involved with social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and TikTok either personally or for business/non-profits
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work game nights and community events (including weekends and holiday games)
- Have a passion for the world of social media marketing and digital marketing
- Skills and knowledge of all Adobe programs are helpful
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Outgoing personality; comfortable starting conversations with fans
- Strong writing skills
- Strong Internet research skills
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Positive attitude and a team player
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program and eligible for college credit.
- Available 20-25 hours per week
- Must have own reliable mode of transportation.
- Must have own laptop capable of processing design programs.
- Must be available to work all 2021 home games. Evening, weekend, and holiday work will be required, and housing is not provided.
- Completing regular office hours on non-game days
- Various duties assigned by the Director of Game Operations/Digital Marketing
- Must use your own technology (smart phone)
- Complimentary tickets for games worked
- Game night meals
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an intern to successfully perform the essential functions of this internship. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Pushing carts carrying 10-25 pounds.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Are you able and willing to work long days, nights, holidays, and weekends as necessary?
Do you have a computer capable of running the Adobe programs?