The Grand Rapids Griffins are seeking a talented individual to join our digital team. This position of Game Night Photography Intern will primarily assist the team's photographer in capturing memorable images of fans and hospitality areas. This will be a hands-on internship providing the intern with a chance to gain experience in their field of photography for a professional sports organization.
Areas of Focus: Hospitality areas, fan engagement and promotions
Length of Internship: October 2019 – April 2020, with the option to extend through the 2020 playoff run (Terms and conditions of internship may be adjusted at any time)
Supervision: Griffins Photographer
Requirements, Skills and Abilities:
- Current college student working toward a degree in Photography, or related field
Must use own photography equipment
- Attend all 20 home games – TBD upon hire
- Be present at the arena prior, during, and after game completion
- Hockey knowledge and interest in sports photography
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work game nights (including weekends and holiday games)
- Experience using Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Extremely outgoing personality; comfortable starting conversations with fans
- Creative and detail oriented, with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong customer service orientation, as well as presenting a professional presence
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Capture pictures in hospitality-based areas and promotions on game nights
- Photograph fans of all ages entering the arena and during the game
- Assist team photographer with photo shoots as needed (if available)
- Help our corporate sales department in photography for needs of marketing and corporate sponsorships
- Edit and upload photos to teams Dropbox account no more than 24 hours following a game
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an intern to successfully perform the essential functions of this internship. While performing the duties of this job, the intern is regularly required to communicate and exchange information with others both in person and over radio. Able to stand for long periods of time and be at certain locations within the arena when needed. Lift or carry equipment weighing 30 lbs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.