PR & Media Relations Internship | 2019-20 Season with Colorado Eagles in Loveland, CO
Assist in the preparation of Game Notes for each and every game (Game Notes are distributed to the media, both locker rooms and the luxury suites). These include statistical information, player bios and team comparisons. Assist in the set-up of the press box area prior to each game and serve as a support system for the media during the games. Some writing of game program material, press releases, game recaps and other time-sensitive materials will be included. You will also assist in the production of the Eagles Media Guide(s).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook applications
- A clean, professional appearance and attitude
- Availability to work on all of the Eagles game nights from about 4pm-10pm
- On rare occasions, the availability to assist in the Eagles office on non-game days
- A background in journalism or communications
- A positive attitude and a willingness to go above and beyond the internship responsibilities
- The ability to make informed decisions under pressure and tight deadlines
- Approximately 200 internship hours per semester time commitment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you feel comfortable committing to attending the vast majority of the 34 home games during the regular season? (Schedule: https://www.coloradoeagles.com/games)
Do you have any previous experience working with the media or with a college or professional team?
Describe how familiar you are with the sport of hockey?