Production Systems Engineer - Vinik Sports Group (Tampa · FL)
The Production Systems Engineer is primarily responsible for the successful technical setup, operation, and maintenance of the production control room equipment at Amalie Arena, Yuengling Center, and other facilities supported by VSG. Duties include technical setup and maintenance of audio, video, and scoreboard systems for Tampa Bay Lightning home games, other sporting events, concerts and other entertainment performances as well as requests from and various department requests.
• Game/Event Night responsibilities: Yes
• Approximate number of events worked per year: 100+
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• “A Hands on” accomplished engineer dedicated to help our business win by supporting mission critical broadcast systems, projects and new initiatives.
• Develop strong working relationships with department leaders and their teams including Game Presentation, Engineering, IT, Creative Services, and Sponsorship groups to manage systems, documentation, follow best practices and implement new technologies & deliver projects on time & within budget.
• Operate Amalie Arena and Yuengling Center video boards and displays, including Control Room and scoreboard equipment, Intercom, video routing & switching and other systems requiring daily operation, IPTV, and MATV
• Coordination with local and national broadcast partners
• Work with internal / external Technical Support teams to ensure timely resolution of customer requests and issues.
• Provide troubleshooting & support for systems, infrastructure, and applications, including root cause analysis.
• Evaluate and optimize workflows related to all broadcast systems including linear and IP fabric for video infrastructures, encode / decode platforms, Media Asset Management systems, distribution / transmission systems and other workflow tools.
• Evaluate, test and install upgrades to all platform operating systems, applications, and hardware.
• Risk Management: Assess all issues, adds, changes to mitigate potential system impact.
• Ongoing assessment of workflows, identifying manual processes that can be streamlined or improved upon with new hardware, software or automation.
• Participate in the testing of new technology.
• Install, commission and configure new technology.
• Develop and maintain system documentation for operational and troubleshooting purposes.
• Work with operations teams to ensure SOP’s & documentation are written and up to date.
• Produce work that is consistently professional, reliable and detail oriented.
• Other duties as deemed necessary
• Four-year college diploma or university degree in related field
• 5+ years of experience with live event production in sports and entertainment venues or comparable
• Ability to operate under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Understanding of professional/commercial audio and visual equipment and systems preferred
• Understanding of broadcasting and electronic media operations and transmission preferred
• Experience with live streaming infrastructure and video encoders preferred
• Ability to build strong and collaborative relationships with their team and business partners
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written); excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills; excellent organization skills
• Ability to appropriately handle confidential matters and information
• Ability to work independently
• Strong attention to detail, excellent planning skills and ability to meet deadlines
• Able to work home games and events which may include evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
• Able to work comfortably at heights using man lifts, ladders, truss ladders or catwalks
• Able to move equipment which would include pushing, pulling, bending and lifting. This position must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment and as part of a team, taking on tasks at all levels
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule based on the changing priorities of the department
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.