Tampa Bay Lightning Jobs
Thank you for your interest in the Tampa Bay Lightning, Tampa Bay Storm and the Amalie Arena. We are a world-class organization that fosters employee satisfaction and growth. We believe in creating a culture where employees feel appreciated and rewarded for all that they do and contribute to the organization. Our employees are a very important key to our success.
Vision: A world-class organization unifying Tampa Bay through the power of Lightning hockey and legendary events.
Values: Excellence, Commitment, Service, Innovation, Respect, Experience, Community and Accountability
- Understand the different facets of Sports Marketing
- Develop necessary professional skills like time-management, initiative, organization, and prioritization
- Obtain important knowledge about event management and activation
- Experience the fast-paced world of sports marketing from a grassroots perspective
- Reporting directly to the Live Events Coordinator, the Grassroots Marketing Intern will be responsible for assisting with all community involvement from a grassroots standpoint. This entails aiding all marketing efforts while at events such as fairs/festivals, watch-parties, charity events, hockey clinics, etc. The Grassroots Marketing Intern will be responsible for helping to man the Rolling Thunder vehicle and running games/activities for fans to interact with at events. They will also aid with office duties for the Marketing department during office hours and gamedays.
- Help with maintaining grassroots marketing vehicle (stocking promotional items, cleaning/organizing Rolling Thunder)
- Help with set-up of mobile marketing vehicle at grassroots events
- Help man all activities while at all grassroots events (mingle with fans, give instructions, etc.)
- Help with building the Rolling Thunder calendar (finding local events, coordinating with contacts, etc.)
- Assist with duties at certain Lightning home games
- General office duties as assigned by Sports Marketing department
- Assist in selling merchandise and event tickets via mobile transactions
- Must be a current student enrolled in a college or university
- Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, and team player
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds and perform some manual labor
- Must have flexible schedule and be willing to work office hours, all grassroots events, some Lightning home games, as well as work weekends and nights
- Must be able to deliver great customer service while at events with a wide variety of fans
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Will you be enrolled at a college or university during the time of your internship?
Do you have a flexible schedule that allows you to work office hours as well as events on nights and weekends?