Social Video Editor - Tampa Bay Lightning (Tampa · FL)
The Tampa Bay Lightning (TBL) is seeking a Social Video Editor. Reporting to the manager, Social Media Marketing, this individual will help concept, produce, and edit video content for the Tampa Bay Lightning social channels working across earned, managed, and owned platforms.
The Social Video Editor will help expand Vinik Sports Group and TBL’s social content to be best in class, while meeting ever-evolving platform needs in a fast-paced and constantly evolving working environment. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated understanding of sports and entertainment social media best practices, a proven track record of consistent creative output, and a positive attitude. The position requires strong attention to detail, organization, prioritization, and the ability to adapt in a fast-paced Sports/Entertainment environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Edit native iPhone video and photos for daily needs of TBL and ancillary social channels.
- Concept and edit all social/digital paid ad videos outside of external agency provided brand campaign promos (ex. App, Retail, Group Sales, Theme Nights).
- Collaborate with internal production team to edit and resize in-game presentation content for social.
- Design and produce visually appealing and on-brand (motion) graphics, images, and multimedia content for various social media platforms.
- Help ensure consistency of message and brand values across multiple platforms and playgrounds while tailoring each piece of content per platform, per audience.
- Create forward-leaning multi-platform content that generates buzz and increases engagement for the Tampa Bay Lightning organization.
- Oversee content strategy and plans for assigned projects and social content pieces.
- Build daily content needs by aligning with our social and content teams on content calendar.
- Pitch and implement social content pieces to be distributed across all social media platforms, with a focus on revenue generating platforms including TikTok, YouTube Shorts, and Instagram.
- Help guide the broader organizational teams to produce social-forward content based on trending topics, athlete/game moments, ancillary events, and organizational programs.
- Participate in concepting social-first sponsorable video content and graphics.
- Support teams managing ancillary channels with social first video needs.
- Review content before it’s posted from proofreading and spell-checking to QCing videos.
- Willingness to work ALL games Home (on-site) and Away (remote) for real time editing of game content, goals, milestones, and reactive content (ex. hat tricks, shut outs).
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- 4 years as producer of content in multi-channel content creation and production
- 2+ years immersed in the social and digital landscape.
- Digitally native: constantly on Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Facebook, and on the lookout for new, exciting platforms.
- Mature, collaborative, problem solver, partner, autonomous
- In-depth expertise with digital and social content best practices
- Must submit strong portfolio showcasing current work.
- Ability to edit a variety of video types based on departmental needs. Videos could include sizzle reels, "hype" recaps, player-focused short-form pieces, behind-the-scenes vlog-style content, social media reels, and broadcast commercial spots.
- Proven experience and advanced knowledge of video editing
- Experience with and a strong knowledge of a Mac-based post-production workflow
- Experience with and a strong knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro (Creative Cloud) and Final Cut Pro
- Experience with and a strong knowledge of After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Experience with and a strong knowledge of a 3D suite preferred (Cinema 4D, or Autodesk Flame, Smoke or Maya)
- Strong interpersonal skills a must. This role will collaborate with various teams across the organization including Marketing, Communications, Content, Production, Partnerships, Creative, and Ticketing.
- Flexible in adapting to changing timelines and deliverables.
- Proactive, positive team player, able to help guide projects from ingest to delivery.
- Ability to contribute creative solutions in a collaborative environment.
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail is required.
- Ability to juggle many projects at once.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism within a professional sports environment and in media work zones.
- Willingness to work on-site and flexible hours including nights, weekends, holidays based on events schedule. This is NOT a remote position.
Please submit a link to your portfolio or website when applying – you may include it in your resume. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.