Manager, Partnership Development - Tampa Bay Lightning (Tampa · FL)
Tampa Bay Lightning jobs
Sports Jobs in Tampa · FL
Sponsorship Sales & Activation: Corporate Sponsorship Sales
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Home to the current, back-to-back NHL Stanley Cup Champion franchise, a collegiate athletics property, event venues of 9,000 and 20,000 seats respectively, a digital media company, retail and ecommerce platforms, Vinik Sports Group (VSG) creates world-class experiences that grow brands, drive revenues, and impact the community.
The VSG Partnerships department is responsible for the strategic planning, sales, partnership marketing, activation, retention and growth of flagship property Tampa Bay Lightning and AMALIE Arena as well as the University of South Florida Athletics (football, men’s and women’s basketball, baseball and softball), Yuengling Center and The Identity Tampa Bay (IDTB).
The Manager, Partnership Development will be responsible for driving new business sales for VSG across all properties. This role will be responsible for achieving individual and department revenue goals though successful prospecting, pipeline management, strong relationships, business acumen, solution and objective based ideation and selling, and negotiation. The Manager will be immersed in all VSG property benefits and business lines. Additionally, the Manager will have leadership responsibilities within the department, on special projects and serve on organizational committees.
This person will work in close collaboration with the entire department and organization to ensure organizational cohesion and synergy. Culture fit and the proven ability to operate successfully at a high level while leading in both thought and action with an organization first, department second, individual third mindset is critical.
The Manager, Partnership Development will need to possess a positive, solution oriented, collaborative mindset, be a relationship oriented individual, excel at storytelling and creativity, and embrace innovation.
- Game/Event Night responsibilities: Yes
- Approximate number of events worked per year: 50
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, & Expectations:
- Responsible for growing VSG property business lines via new partnership sales including AMALIE Arena / Lightning, Yuengling Center / USF Athletics, and The Identity Tampa Bay (IDTB).
- Responsible for supporting the department’s new business sales process from start to finish – identify and manage individual account prospect list, CRM input, relationship development, client objective-based ideation, pitching, negotiating, closing, contract execution and full transition of new partner accounts to the assigned partnership marketing and activation account lead.
- Develop and execute a strategic plan to achieve individual new business goals while supporting and contributing to the larger organization’s goals and objectives.
- Research, ideate and execute industry leading partnership sales concepts and platforms.
- Identify and target potential, best-in-brand corporate partners at the regional, national, and international level, with a key focus on national, and international brands.
- Ensue partner-based business objectives, asset alignment, analytics, and world class storytelling is incorporated into all new sales pitches.
- Negotiate new partnerships that benefit the partner, our fans, and the organization.
- Adapt selling style and technique to organizational priorities, evolving property portfolio and business needs.
- Continually assess the industry landscape, market demands, innovation, and emerging categories to keep sales strategies and tactics relevant.
- Collaborate and support the team in executing all partner relationships, contracts, and events.
- Collaborate with other internal VSG departments and external portfolio properties to ideate new partnership assets and platforms.
- Actively contribute to the team’s sales efforts by carrying an individual new business sales goal, targeted at a minimum $250K+ per partnership threshold.
- Achieve and exceed company and department goals and objectives.
- Host and entertain corporate partners and prospects at games and events.
- Develop strong, long-term relationships with both clients and co-workers.
- Support organization CHARGE program with a recommended 40 hours of community service
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, marketing, advertising, or sports management (or similar field) from four-year college or university required.
- MBA and/or master’s degree in Sports & Entertainment Management preferred, but not required.
- 5 or more years of experience in business development focused position(s) in sports, entertainment, advertising, technology, and/or consulting agency.
- Diverse market and work experience preferred.
- Prior activation and/or agency experience preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to lead with a history of exhibiting strong moral character and selfless decision making.
- Proven ability to consistently close new business deals at the minimum $250K threshold.
- Self-motivated individual who can work independently as well as they work in a team environment, being a consummate team player.
- Strong presentations skills using storytelling, objectives and KPI’s.
- Roster of industry contacts, past clients, and category success.
- Creative, enthusiastic, and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Superior customer service, relationship, and sales skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be a strategic, solution-oriented seller.
- Ability to establish effective client and interdepartmental relationships, manage multiple client contacts and projects, and drive business.
- Able to interface with colleagues, senior executives, and clients effectively and personably, recognizing the need to adjust communication style according to the audience.
- Ability to successfully collaborate and influence others in a flexible and dynamic environment
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and CRM.
- Ability to work extended hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.