Account Coordinator, Partnerships - Tampa Bay Lightning (Tampa · FL)
Tampa Bay Lightning jobs
Sports Jobs in Tampa · FL
Sponsorship Sales & Activation: Corporate Sponsor
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The Account Coordinator, Partnerships will manage all aspects associated with the department’s CRM platform and associated financial and inventory reports. This role is key to the department’s success with ownership of inventory management, weekly KPI reporting, annual financial business planning support, and invoice tracking. Additionally, the Account Coordinator will manage a portfolio of Tier II and Tier III partnerships as well as support the department with select asset trafficking and reporting.
The Account Coordinator, Partnerships will need to possess a positive attitude, solid work ethic, a strong sense of ownership, will be proactive in nature, and will uphold the highest of professional standards.
- Game/Event Night responsibilities: Yes
- Approximate number of events worked per year: 50
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of the department’s CRM platform, including asset inventory management, KPI reporting, invoicing reporting, etc.
- Work closely with department leadership and the Finance / Accounting department on financial reporting, tracking and forecasting.
- Manage inventory sell through and rates for VSG properties.
- Serve as the department lead on key partnership marketing assets, overseeing the inventory management, trafficking, scheduling, and reporting of all digital, television, radio, web, print, social and hospitality assets.
- Oversee day-to-day management, activation, and development of assigned VSG partners across all properties (Tampa Bay Lightning, USF Athletics, and Identity Tampa Bay).
- Act as corporate marketing consultant to partner contacts to develop and deliver on impactful, effective, and measurable sponsorship platforms.
- Lead the planning, execution, tracking, and reporting of all assigned partners’ contractual elements, including but not limited to: traditional media assets (e.g., radio, print, television, digital, social, etc.), in-market promotions, in-arena activation, hospitality, experiential, and community programs.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to collaborate on the strategy and fulfillment of partnership marketing initiatives.
- Help manage the process of measuring the effectiveness of assigned sponsorship platforms to demonstrate partner ROI and ROO using tools such as YouGov, Nielsen, Blinkfire Analytics, independent internal studies, etc.
- Responsible for directly contributing to overall company and department revenue goals through partnership renewals and upsells as well as supporting new business development efforts.
- Maintain and grow partner relationships at all levels from day-to-day contacts to decision makers through regular touchpoints, including but not limited to: weekly or bi-weekly status calls; annual partner activation summit; hospitality and events; pre-season planning, mid-season check-in, and post-season recap meetings; etc.
- Act as an extension of assigned partners’ brand, understanding the industry landscape, business objectives, challenges, opportunities, etc.
- Manage both internal and external partner expectations on processes, timelines, approvals, and deadlines.
- Support organization CHARGE program with 25 hours of community service per year
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, marketing, advertising, or sports management (or similar field) from four-year college or university required.
- MBA and/or master’s degree in Sports & Entertainment Management preferred, but not required.
- 2 or more years of business experience, preferably from agency, brand, and/or sports industry.
- Creative, enthusiastic, and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Superior customer service focus and sales skills.
- Strong project management skills focused on organization, time management and planning.
- Demonstrated ability to be strategic and solution-oriented.
- Ability to establish effective client and interdepartmental relationships, manage multiple client contacts and projects, and drive business.
- Able to interface with colleagues, senior executives, and clients effectively and personably, recognizing the need to adjust communication style according to the audience.
- Ability to successfully collaborate and influence others in a flexible and dynamic environment.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and CRM software.
- Ability to work extended hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.