Director of Strategy & Analytics - Tampa Bay Lightning (Tampa · FL)
Tampa Bay Lightning jobs
Sports Jobs in Tampa · FL
Administration/General Management: General Management/Profit & Loss
This position serves as the department head for the Analytics department and leads a team of business intelligence professionals, who serve as a comprehensive information hub for revenue-generating and fan-facing initiatives. The Analytics department plays a critical role in driving the financial success of VSG and shaping the customer experience. This role will provide strategic vision and implementation of VSG data management and analysis capabilities, keeping pace and exceeding our industry peers in these areas.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain an effective, efficient, highly productive Business Intelligence unit that continuously works to improve knowledge, skills, and capabilities
- Improve the organization’s knowledge of its existing and potential customers through data management, analysis, segmentation, and predictive modeling capabilities
- Help guide organizational consumer and market research initiatives
- Enhance and maintain reporting capabilities across multiple areas including Ticketing, Partnership, Marketing (web, email, social media), Retail, Food & Beverage, etc.
- Utilize data to drive strategies for ticket sales and service functions that increase performance and efficiency in revenue generation and customer retention
- Ticket pricing, inventory management, sales and service campaigns, lead generation, client communications, etc.
- Help support revenue generation areas through VSG by providing actionable insights and data-driven strategies
- Evaluate current BI infrastructure and identify areas where technology could be enhanced, added, or replaced to create efficiencies
- Work closely with data warehouse provider to ensure all data is aggregated appropriately, data quality standards are maintained, all ETL processes are monitored, and reporting is accurate
- Oversee Microsoft Dynamics CRM functionality and development
- Work with department leaders to develop business strategies that drive business results
- Evaluate VSG growth opportunities and special projects
- 10+ years of work experience related work experience and management experience
- Bachelors or advance degree in mathematics, analytics, engineering, computer science, or related field
- Technical expertise and/or working knowledge with data warehousing, ETL processes, analytical programming and querying languages, CRM, ticket operations systems, data visualization software, website reporting software, API, and integrations
- Business expertise and/or working knowledge with ticket sales and service, sponsorship sales and service, marketing
- Experience in quantitative analysis, modeling, testing, quality assurance, coding
- Superior relationship building and consultation skills
- Excellent ability to drive organizational adoption of philosophies, data-driving decision-making techniques, and overall system implementation
- Extension experience analyzing and reporting data to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions
- Excellent at summarizing and presenting complex findings to stakeholders
- Ability to track details and meet deadlines of multiple projects simultaneously
- Critical thinker, problem solver and continuous learner
- Ability to successfully collaborate and influence others in a flexible and dynamic environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.