Plumber - Amalie Arena (Tampa · FL)
Job Title: Plumber
Organization: Vinik Sports Group - Facilities
Reports To: Senior Manager Engineering
Classification: Full-time, non-exempt
VINIK SPORTS GROUP OVERVIEW
Home to an NHL franchise, a collegiate athletics property, event venues of 9,000 and 20,000 seats respectively, a digital media company, retail and ecommerce platforms, Vinik Sports Group (VSG) creates world-class experiences that grow brands, drive revenues and impact the community.
Drawing on the expertise showcased during the transformation of the Tampa Bay Lightning and Amalie Arena under Jeff Vinik, VSG serves clients through its three core divisions - VSF Commercial Sales, VSG Live and VSG Facilities. VSG features a leadership team with decades of experience in the sports and entertainment industries; leaders who focus on each client’s unique needs before developing strategies and delivering successful solutions in the multimedia sales, event management, facility operations, and guest services verticals. VSG maintains a preference for long-term win-win partnerships, but it remains nimble enough to manage individual events and short-term opportunities for its customers.
This position values guests and is committed to providing a positive impression with World Class Service. It is a behind the scenes position that is responsible for the operation of maintenance and repair of various plumbing systems, machinery, tools. This position requires physical activity including standing, walking, climbing and ability to lift 50 pounds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain a comprehensive preventative maintenance program in the areas of pipe work systems, back flow preventers, cartridge changes, grease traps etc.
- Trouble shoot and repair a variety of plumbing issues, including toilets, urinals, flush controls.
- Some new install of pipe work and fixtures
- Assist, as required, other skilled trades in a variety of maintenance repairs. Represent Vinik Sports Group professionally at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Recommended Journeyman Plumbing license
- Must be 18 years or older with a high school diploma or GED required.
- Five (5) years trade experience
- Thorough knowledge of plumbing codes
- Strong understanding of equipment
- Ability to read and decipher blueprints, schematics and working equipment documents.
- Ability to decipher problems and remedy same
- Team worker with emphasis on safety in the workplace
- Ability to work both independently and in team-oriented environments.
- Detail oriented w/ excellent organizational skills
- Creative and proactive problem solver
- Ability to generate trust and support.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic
- Healthy and positive attitude
- Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and selected holidays.
- Must have the ability to work off ladders and use scissor lifts.
- Excellent attendance and time management skills
- Computer knowledge
- State of Florida driver’s license and clean driving record.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.