Conversion Tech with Amalie Arena in Tampa · FL
VINIK SPORTS GROUP OVERVIEW
Home to an NHL franchise, a collegiate athletics property, event venues of 9,000 and 20,000 seats respectively, a digital media company, retail and e-commerce platforms, Vinik Sports Group (VSG) creates world-class experiences that grow brands, drive revenues and impact the community.
Drawing on the expertise showcased during the transformation of the Tampa Bay Lightning and Amalie Arena under Jeff Vinik, VSG serves clients through its three core divisions - VSF Commercial Sales, VSG Live, and VSG Facilities. VSG features a leadership team with decades of experience in the sports and entertainment industries; leaders who focus on each client’s unique needs before developing strategies and delivering successful solutions in the multimedia sales, event management, facility operations, and guest services verticals. VSG maintains a preference for long-term win-win partnerships, but it remains nimble enough to manage individual events and short-term opportunities for its customers.
This position values guests and is committed to providing a positive impression while delivering World Class Service. This position plays a vital role in creating a clean, safe, and enjoyable experience for our guests and employees.
This position values guests and is committed to providing a positive impression with World Class Service. It is a behind the scenes position that requires handling of all arena and conversion equipment. This position requires extreme physical activity including standing, walking, climbing, and ability to lift 50 pounds. Candidates should be polite, friendly, and able to follow direction easily.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Responsible for set up and tear down of various events, such as hockey, basketball, concerts, which involves dasher boards, glass, staging, tables, chairs, etc
- Work cooperatively with all staff members
- Maintain a clean and neat appearance during work hours
- Assure the health, safety, and security of co-workers and guest by following all safety procedures and rules and OSHA standards
- Monitor and report to the manager any discrepancies, damage, loss of property, safety concerns
- All other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills:
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Prior guest service experience a plus
- Good time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent attendance
- Ability to multi task and take direction well
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
- Ability to work in large crowds for an extended period of time
- Ability to work long hours, including days, nights, weekends. and holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.