The Huntsville Havoc are looking for driven individuals who seek to gain experience in this highly competitive field of sports media. We are looking for interns that are willing to go above and beyond what is asked of them on a daily basis. We are looking for a strong and independent worker that can handle a wide variety of tasks. We ask for dependability and commitment, as we will work together as a team. Although it is not required, college students seeking course credit are preferred for the position, as this is not a paid internship.
What You Will Learn/Do:
- Work with the Multimedia team to develop and execute social media content for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and TikTok.
- Assist in gameday production including operating cameras, video switching, and more.
- Set up and tear down production equipment.
- Capture video content at Huntsville Havoc games, practices, and events.
- Post live game updates on social media.
- Contribute to in-game creative activations.
- Utilize Adobe Creative Cloud to create graphic and video content.
- Track emerging social media trends and develop/execute content ideas surrounding them.
- Maintain and update team website including writing Game Recaps and other relevant news articles.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Havoc Staff.
What We Require:
- Experience creating content with the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Background in Sports Administration, Marketing, Communication, Public Relations, or other related disciplines.
- Enthusiasm, creativity, and a desire to learn.
- Attendance at all Huntsville Havoc home games.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.