The Payroll Specialist is responsible to perform the payroll administration functions an in accurate and timely manner. The organization’s fiscal year ends annually on June 30.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage administration duties for payroll systems. Establish and maintain employee and corporate master files. Assist employees with website access.
- Calculate and process commissions, bonuses, taxable benefits, per-diem and reimbursements.
- Prepare and process semi-monthly, multi-state payroll and special payment runs for 300+ employees (includes exempt and non-exempt).
- Initiate payment of 401(k), garnishments and other withholdings to appropriate agencies.
- Ensure compliance with payroll/employment laws, rules and regulations.
- Post payroll entries in the general ledger. Update and maintain all required internal reconciliations and schedules related to payroll.
- Generate labor reports from time-tracking system.
- Maintain and reconcile time-off reports.
- Communicate with employees and/or agents regarding any payroll inquiries.
- Manage all aspects of W-2 generation and distribution.
- Prepare reports as needed for various projects including, but not limited to 401(k) review, Workers Comp census, SOC1 documentation, compliance procedures, and audit inquiries.
- Facilitate regular meetings with coworkers from designated business units.
Perform other tasks and projects as needed and assigned by Accounting Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; and at least 2-4 years of related experience (for organizations with 100+ employees); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills.
- Ability to maintain effective work relationships.
- Ability to prioritize and to satisfy diverse, multiple, time critical demands.
- Evaluate processes for efficiency and relevancy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to ensure privacy of all data.
- Experience with database structures and associated reporting tools.
- Experience working with the ADP ProBusiness application and the R&R reporting tool a plus
- It is imperative that you have the ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
- Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills, as well as ability to manage your own time and implement your own schedule
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.