TITLE: HR Coordinator
POSITION TYPE: Full Time, Non-Exempt
COMPANY: Sharks Sports and Entertainment, LLC
LOCATION: Sharks Ice, San Jose
REPORTS TO: General Manager, Sharks Ice
Born in 1991 by emerging through a shark’s mouth, Team Teal has grown into a multi-faceted organization that includes the SAP Center, the NHL San Jose Sharks, the AHL San Jose Barracuda, three Sharks Ice facilities, and the non-profit Sharks Foundation. Additionally, we plan on growing our organization through expansion in the Bay Area and surrounding communities in Northern California.
We work and play in Silicon Valley, and are deeply influenced by the technology, innovation, diversity, and commitment to excellence that surrounds us. Our culture is transforming to reflect those values, with an eye towards a pioneering, forward-thinking, and inclusive environment in sports and entertainment.
We live, work, and innovate by a set of Pioneering Principles:
T – Team success is more important than individual success
E – Exceptional experience is non-negotiable in everything we do
A – Appreciate others for their diversity and opinions
M – More risk leads to more rewards and expands our comfort zones
T – Trust that all teammates have the best intentions
E – Empower all teammates to make informed decisions
· A – Always say what you really mean and do what you say
L – Lead by showing the respect to others you expect from them
We strive to unite people through a shared love of ice sports, entertainment, and our hometown. We are Teal Together; we are Team Teal.
The HR Coordinator performs the essential administration and human resource functions to ensure recruiting, hiring and training of staff are administered in a manner which creates a flourishing workforce to provide exceptional service to our ice rink community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate people management functions at ice Centers including recruiting, hiring, development, employee relations and terminations.
- Administer personnel documents on new hires and existing employees.
- Provide and/or assist with employee counseling regarding performance, appearance, scheduling, attendance, points, suspensions, and terminations.
- Submit accurate employee daily payroll utilizing ABI workforce management application.
- Organize the distribution of employee paychecks, other pertinent personnel information and essential business communication to employees.
- Maintain employee database (ABI) to include accurate and pertinent records to manage workforce, including points, depth chart and employee ratings.
- Assist with building operations employee schedule.
- Represent Solar4America Ice in the SAP Center newsletter
- Manage the employee recognition program to foster a high performing workforce.
- Prepare job cost, over time and hours report and provide reports to managers.
- Assist in daily cash reconciliations and bi-weekly deposits.
- Assist with daily operations of business.
- Support VP, General Manager and staff as necessary.
- Perform other tasks and projects as required.
- Experience in performing office administration responsibilities and general office duties/support with strong organizational skills.
- Well-developed communication skills – both verbal and written. Spanish speaking ability preferred.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others at all levels of the organization while maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to work on multiple projects of varying priority and to assure deadlines are met while maintaining company standards.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of basic Federal and California employment laws, and Union regulations.
- Ability to work demanding building schedule; to include nights and evenings, some overtime will be expected.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook proficiently.
- A positive team-oriented work ethic with a high level of integrity is required.
- At least 2 years of experience as an efficient Human Resources Assistant.
- AA Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- At this time, all SSE employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to working onsite at any SSE facility, unless the individual is able to telework or is otherwise eligible for an exemption in accordance with applicable law. If on-site services are to be performed, SSE will require you to certify your vaccination status as part of the onboarding process.
What We Offer:
- A robust package of health/ dental/vision benefits.
Central office location in downtown San Jose, at the heart of Silicon Valley; extremely convenient access to CalTrain, VTA, and major freeways.
- Here at Team Teal, we recognize and celebrate that individuals come with a wealth of experience and talent well beyond any list of required skills and qualifications – in fact, we believe diversity of backgrounds and skills, combined with passion, are the most important keys to meaningful innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.