SHARKS SPORTS & ENTERTAINMENT
SAP Center • Tech CU Arena • Sharks Ice
Tank Patrol Job Description
Title: Tank Patrol
Department: Event Presentation
Reports to: Daniel Bell, Event Presentation Manager
Primary job location: SAP Center at San Jose & TechCU Arena
FLSA and FTE status: Non-exempt and part-time
Salary range or grade: $16.67/hour
Date created: June 2022
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our Tank Patrol team for the 2022-2023 hockey season! Tank Patrol is the San Jose Sharks and Barracuda in-game entertainment and promotions group. As a Tank Patrol member, you will be responsible for entertaining and interacting with fans to provide a fun and exciting guest experience at all Sharks and Barracuda home games.
· Must be available for a minimum of 20 home games and all playoff games.
· Shifts are event-based with start times typically being two and half hours prior to the event and ending thirty minutes after an event.
· You must be available to work 2/3rds of the scheduled events for each month including weekends. Most shifts are evenings and weekends with some holidays.
· Engage the crowd throughout all home games for both teams.
· Execute sponsored promotions on and off the ice for both teams.
· Participates in off-site game-viewing parties and other events for both teams.
· Provide support to the mascots, San Jose Sharkie, and Frenzy on game nights.
· Must wear appropriate employer-provided uniform at all times during your shift.
· At this time, all SSE employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before working onsite at any SSE facility, unless the individual can telework or is otherwise eligible for an exemption in accordance with applicable law. If on-site services are required, SSE will require you to certify your vaccination status as part of the onboarding process.
· Must be 18 years or older.
· Must be able to wear SSE assigned uniform during all shifts ($50 deposit required).
· Must clear background check.
· Must be a team player with an outgoing, enthusiastic personality.
· Must be able to work with people of all ages.
· Ability to learn new skills quickly.
· Must have the ability to operate, transport, and manipulate certain equipment up to 25 pounds
What We Offer:
· Hourly rate $16.67/hour
· Free employee parking
· 30% discount in the Sharks Pro Shop
· Fun environment
· Food and beverage discount
· Free Barracuda tickets
· Free ice skating at Sharks Ice (San Jose, Fremont, and Oakland)
Our Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging
Here at Team Teal, we recognize and celebrate that individuals come with a wealth of experience and talent well beyond any list of required skills and qualifications- in fact, we believe diversity of backgrounds and skills, combined with passion, are the most important keys to meaningful innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Sharks Sports and Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veterans’ status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.