TITLE: Revenue & Brand Operations FINternship
POSITION TYPE: Part Time, Non-Exempt
COMPANY: Sharks Sports and Entertainment, LLC
LOCATION: San Jose, CA
REPORTS TO: Revenue & Brand Operations Advisor
POSTING DATED: January 18, 2023
Born in 1991, Sharks Sports and Entertainment (“SSE”) has grown into a multi-faceted organization that includes the NHL’s San Jose Sharks, the AHL’s San Jose Barracuda, SAP Center, Tech CU Arena, three Sharks Ice facilities, and the non-profit Sharks Foundation. We are continually growing our organization through expansion in the Bay Area and surrounding communities in Northern California.
We work and play in the Bay Area, and are deeply influenced by the technology, innovation, diversity, and commitment to excellence that surrounds us. Our culture is transforming to reflect those values, with an eye towards a pioneering, forward-thinking, and inclusive environment in sports and entertainment.
We live, work, and innovate by a set of Pioneering Principles:
T – Team success is more important than individual success
E – Exceptional experience is non-negotiable in everything we do
A – Appreciate others for their diversity and opinions
M – More risk leads to more rewards and expands our comfort zones
T – Trust that all teammates have the best intentions
E – Empower all teammates to make informed decisions
A – Always say what you really mean and do what you say
L – Lead by showing the respect to others you expect from them
We strive to unite people through a shared love of ice sports, entertainment, and our hometown. We are #TealTogether; we are Team Teal.
The Revenue + Brand (R+B) Operations FINtern will support the R+B Operations Advisor with key initiatives across the Revenue and Brand functional areas and gain cross-functional knowledge of the Sharks Sports and Entertainment (SSE) business landscape. A priority focus of this role will be to gather information, organize data, develop business insights, and think creatively.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Revenue + Brand Operations: 30%
- Construct and update R+B Planning Calendar with all activities and key events
- Assist with the development of a KPI metric dashboard and data reporting structure
- Support of project management off-season projects
1991 Club (Official Global Fan Club of the Sharks): 40%
- Assist with strategic planning and logistics of the program
- Identify areas for growth and expansion
- Assist with the development of a master data reporting structure
- Organize content plan and distribution calendar for FY24
- Execution of gift rewards for the Member Referral Program
Think Beyond The Rink (TBTR) Initiatives: 30%
- Participate in TBTR organization sessions, Team Teal’s strategic arm focused on creating and developing new business opportunities beyond traditional Sharks hockey revenue streams
- Participate in TBTR organization sessions
- Learn how to conduct and lead business ideation sessions
- Assist with research and business case development
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Business, Finance, Marketing, Data Science, or similar field
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Analytical mindset, sharp attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Experience with Microsoft Excel functions (pivot tables, filtering, charts, etc.)
- Tableau Proficiency/Build customized reports
- Creative Thinking/Resourcefulness
- Collaborative team player, capable of building strong relationships across SSE
What We Offer:
- Central office location in downtown San Jose at the heart of Silicon Valley; convenient access to Caltrain, VTA, major freeways and free parking
- The opportunity to work with a variety of passionate individuals, committed to innovating exceptional sports and entertainment opportunities in our hometown
- An inclusive culture which values diversity of background and a passion to improve our SSE’s commitment to change with impact on our community and industry
- Potential for flexible scheduling and telework opportunities
This position is not eligible for U.S. work authorization sponsorship.
The hourly rate for this role is $17hr
Our Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging & EEO Statement
Here at Team Teal, we recognize and celebrate that individuals come with a wealth of experience and talent well beyond any list of required skills and qualifications – in fact, we believe diversity of backgrounds and skills, combined with passion, are the most important keys to meaningful innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Sharks Sports and Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veterans’ status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Notice to Recruiters and Agencies
SSE recruits candidates directly, rather than through third-party recruiters or agencies. Under no circumstances will SSE pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented without a signed recruiting agreement in place between SSE and the recruiter or agency prior to the submittal; any submittal must be for requisition specifically and individually assigned in writing by SSE’s HR department. In the case of candidate(s) submitted or presented to SSE by a recruiter or agency without a signed agreement and written assignment by SSE, SSE explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) with no financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.