Server - 32 Bar & Grill - Kraken Community Iceplex (Seattle · WA)
We are building a championship organization that serves our fans, community and business partners through world class sports and entertainment. We believe that Winning Matters, our Fans come first, with risk comes reward, great teams can achieve unimaginable results, honoring the Pacific Northwest is our duty and driving the business is our responsibility.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Hiring:
The Seattle Kraken aspire to write a new playbook in sports and entertainment that includes everyone. In alignment with this vision, if you don’t meet every job requirement listed—or if you haven’t played ice hockey before or are still learning about the sport—we still encourage you to apply. We understand you may bring other relevant experiences and expertise to help us become the highest performance organization we can be. One of our core values is ‘Make Us Better’ and we recognize diversity, equity and inclusion as a critical business strategy.
Our servers are responsible for providing prompt, efficient and courteous service of food and beverage to our guests with a genuine spirit of hospitality. They are ambassadors for the Kraken Community Iceplex and have a passion for the sports entertainment environment with particular emphasis on hockey and Ice related sports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains a presence on the floor at all possible times to ensure customer satisfaction
- Is knowledgeable of correct service procedures
- Is knowledgeable of the definitions and main ingredients of all menu items and can communicate them effectively to customers when asked
- Is knowledgeable of brands, offerings and types of beverages provided including spirits, wine, beer and non-alcoholic items
- Performs opening, closing and side-work duties as requested
- Performs cleaning and re-stocking duties as requested
- Must be knowledgeable on the rules and laws pertaining to alcohol service
- Must posses a current Alcohol Server Permit and Food Handler’s Permit
- Must maintain a positive attitude, pleasing personality and make all customers feel welcome
- Participate and attend all staff training sessions and facility meetings
- Must be willing to cross-train as bartender if requested
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned by manager or supervisor
- Maintain excellent grooming and personal conduct according to Kraken Community Iceplex guidelines
- Help foster a sense of teamwork with all departments in the restaurant
- Adheres to established cash handling policies
- Completes all shift records including payroll, days off requests, etc.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Combination of education and work experience to facilitate on-the-job effectiveness
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, manage time and complete multiple tasks
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and supervisors
- Previous food and beverage experience in a full-service, high volume, fast paced environment
- Demonstrated commitment to guest service
- Up-to-date Alcohol server permit and food handler permit
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, nights and holidays required.
- Frequent bending, lifting 15-20 pounds, sitting, exposure to multiple external elements, extensive walking through the building including inclines and stairs.
Total Rewards Package:
- In accordance with Washington’s Equal Pay and Opportunity Act, the starting pay rate for this position is $18.69. Actual pay will depend on employee’s experience and other job-related factors permitted by law
- Overtime eligibility
- Benefits & Perks:
- Company-paid Orca card
- Corporate office located at the Kraken Community Iceplex in Northgate; within walking distance of the Northgate Light Rail Station and Northgate Transit Center; free parking
Seattle Hockey Partners, LLC and Seattle Arena Company, LLC are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate on basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.