Cook - Kraken Community Iceplex (Seattle · WA)
We are building a championship organization that serves our fans, community and business partners through world class sports and entertainment. We believe that Winning Matters, our Fans come first, with risk comes reward, great teams can achieve unimaginable results, honoring the Pacific Northwest is our duty and driving the business is our responsibility.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Hiring:
The Seattle Kraken aspire to write a new playbook in sports and entertainment that includes everyone. In alignment with this vision, if you don’t meet every job requirement listed—or if you haven’t played ice hockey before or are still learning about the sport—we still encourage you to apply. We understand you may bring other relevant experiences and expertise to help us become the highest performance organization we can be. One of our core values is ‘Make Us Better’ and we recognize diversity, equity and inclusion as a critical business strategy.
If you’d like to request an accommodation in the application or interview process, please let us know by emailing: [email protected].
The person in this role will prepare awesome dishes for our guests based on established recipes following set guidelines and quality standards set by ownership and management team. The ideal candidate will be an ambassador for the Kraken Community Iceplex and have a passion for the sports & entertainment environment with particular emphasis on hockey and ice related sports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare meals for our customers and WOW them with amazing dishes and presentation.
- Ensure that the appropriate supplies for menu production are stocked before each shift.
- Weigh, measure, mix and prep ingredients according to recipes and maintain portion control standards.
- Steam, broil, grill, bake or fry meats, fish and other ingredients.
- Responsible for restocking all supplies on every shift.
- Check food and ingredients for freshness.
- Arrange and garnish dishes.
- Ensure that kitchen area, equipment and utensils are clean.
- Must adhere and exceed all health department sanitation codes.
- Must have hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of an emergency, distinguish product, taste, texture and presentation.
- Participate and attend all staff training sessions and facility meetings.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks in fast paced environment.
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned by manager or supervisor.
- Maintain excellent grooming and personal conduct according to Kraken Community Iceplex guidelines as outlined in employee handbook.
- Help foster a sense of teamwork with all departments in the restaurant.
- Completes all shift records including payroll, days off requests, etc.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Combination of education and work experience to facilitate on-the-job effectiveness.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, manage time and complete multiple tasks.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and supervisors.
- Previous restaurant kitchen experience in a full-service, high volume, fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to guest service.
- Up-to-date food handler permit (Serv Safe certified a plus).
- Work in confined spaces.
- Perform duties with extreme temperature ranges.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, nights and holidays required.
- Frequent bending, lifting 15-20 pounds, sitting, exposure to multiple external elements, extensive walking through the building including inclines and stairs.
Total Rewards Package:
- In accordance with Washington’s Equal Pay and Opportunity Act, the starting pay rate for this position is $18.69. Actual pay will depend on employee’s experience and other job-related factors permitted by law
- Overtime eligibility
- Benefits & Perks:
- Company-paid Orca card
- Corporate office located at the Kraken Community Iceplex in Northgate; within walking distance of the Northgate Light Rail Station and Northgate Transit Center; free parking
Seattle Hockey Partners, LLC and Seattle Arena Company, LLC are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate on basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.