Climate Pledge Arena Jobs
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Security
In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
We are building a championship organization that serves our fans, community and business partners through world class sports and entertainment. We believe that Winning Matters, our Fans come first, with risk comes reward, great teams can achieve unimaginable results, honoring the Pacific Northwest is our duty and driving the business is our responsibility.
Located at Seattle Center in the heart of Seattle’s Uptown Neighborhood, the new venue offers a truly unique and intimate experience for the newest NHL franchise, the Seattle Kraken, WNBA’s Seattle Storm, concerts and other entertainment events, while preserving the historic nature of Seattle Center and its surroundings. This project is a completely new arena beneath its existing historic-landmark roof. Climate Pledge Arena opened October 22, 2021.
The Event Security Manager will assist the Director of Security in development, implementation, and monitoring of our comprehensive security programs to ensure appropriate levels of facility security for the Climate Pledge Arena. A focus of this position will be managing security staff and overseeing safety and security of arena employees, guests, the surrounding public, and company assets. The Security Manager will also assist with the overseeing of the daily operations of the 24/7 Security Command Center.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist Director of Security in development and oversight of strategic safety plans with the objective of managing and mitigating risk for Climate Pledge Arena and the 1500+ staff members, sporting events, concert and entertainment events while also acting as good neighbors in the Seattle Center community.
- Help build out a safety platform encompassing a state-of-the-art sports and entertainment facility with a focus on NHL player and artist safety as well as that of the local community.
- Ensures strong collaboration for the achievement of security goals including but not limited to maintaining relationships with key internal and external stakeholders (e.g., IT, Senior Management, Human Resources, Risk Management and related law enforcement and government agencies).
- Develop, implement, and monitor security programs to ensure appropriate levels of security, safety, privacy, and recovery of company assets, including investigations, loss prevention, commercial tenants, and patrons.
- Work with leadership team to implement an overall security program including programs for the physical safety of players, entertainers, employees, and visitors.
- Keep abreast of latest security and privacy legislation, regulations, advisories, alerts, and vulnerabilities.
- Build a collaborative relationship with the Seattle Police Department, Seattle Fire Department, State and Federal Agencies, first responders, emergency personnel and community associations.
- Assist the Director of Security in delivering results in key performance indicators (KPIs) detailing overall program compliance and program effectiveness.
- Enact and provide leadership for Security team in disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
- Oversee security incident response planning as well as the investigation of security breaches and assist with disciplinary and legal matters associated with such breaches, as necessary.
- Assist Director of Security in developing and implementing an ongoing risk assessment program targeting information security and privacy matters, recommend methods for vulnerability detection and remediation, and oversee vulnerability testing.
- Maintain security roadmaps and strategies to effectively manage risk, respond to incidents, maintain continuity of operations, and safeguard the employees, the arena, players, entertainers, and guests.
- Work with outside consultants and vendors as appropriate for independent security audits.
- Supervise a team of security persons including scheduling and post assignments.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- 5+ years’ experience with a corporation and/or law enforcement, military, intelligence, or private security organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in an accredited university preferred.
- Experience implementing Emergency Evacuation Plans, Policies and Procedures.
- Solid expertise of Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV) Systems.
- Proven ability to think strategically with a willingness to roll up sleeves and execute on projects.
- Experience in relationship management including law enforcement, government agencies, and other partners.
- Must be adaptable with the ability to work under pressure.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an expert ability to present and communicate new ideas and concepts.
- Exceptional experience in leading, motivating and developing employees.
- A high degree of personal integrity and consistently put the interests of the organization first.
- Strong ability to support creative ideation to enhance brand equity while supporting company culture, values, and objectives.
- Must be a fierce communicator and cross-organizational collaborator.
- Be able to function effectively in an industry that operates on a “24/7 – 365” basis that requires expediency and quick decision making.
Preferred Experience & Qualifications:
- Sports and Concert Security experience.
- Previous experience in obtaining or maintaining Safety Act Certification.
- PMP, CPP, PSP, or CISSP Certifications.
- Minimal Travel (<10% travel): May be required to travel. Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay away from home for one or more nights.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, nights and holidays required.
- Frequent bending, lifting 25-30 pounds, sitting, exposure to multiple external elements, extensive walking through the building.
- In accordance with the Washington State Equal Pay and Opportunity Act, the expected base pay range for this position is $80,000 - $100,000 annually. Actual base pay will depend on employee’s experience and other job-related factors permitted by law.
- This is an exempt role
- We believe it takes a great team to build an award-winning organization. As an impactful member of the team, this role is bonus eligible.
Benefits & Perks:
- Company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance, including premiums for eligible dependents enrolled in the plans
- Company-paid life insurance and short- & long-term disability insurance
- 401k (pre-tax and Roth) with Company match up to 4%
- Kraken ticket stipend and employee only pre-sale opportunities to non-Kraken events
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Annual wellness stipend for mental & physical health
- 10 vacation days, 3 personal holidays, and accrued sick time
- Minimum 11 paid holidays per year
- Paid parental leave
- Company-paid Orca, local transit card
- Corporate office located at Climate Pledge Arena; complimentary garage parking offered
- Employee meal perks
- Company-paid employee assistance program and Headspace subscription
- Company-wide recognition platform
- Flexible spending accounts and voluntary accident, critical illness, and hospital indemnity insurance available
- Discounts at the Kraken Team Stores, Kraken Community Iceplex, 32 Bar & Grill, and other partners
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Hiring:
Climate Pledge Arena aspires to write a new playbook in sports and entertainment that includes everyone. In alignment with this vision, if you don’t meet every job requirement listed—or if you haven’t worked in the industry or are still learning about the industry—we still encourage you to apply. We understand you may bring other relevant experiences and expertise to help us become the highest performance organization we can be. One of our core values is ‘Make Us Better’ and we recognize diversity, equity and inclusion as a critical business strategy.
If you’d like to request an accommodation in the application or interview process, please let us know by emailing: [email protected]
Seattle Hockey Partners, LLC and Seattle Arena Company, LLC are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate on basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.