The Pittsburgh Penguins are looking for a consistent, high-producing Premium Sales Executive. This role will proactively pursue and develop new business across the Pittsburgh metro area and surrounding communities, focusing on new full season loge and suite leases, single-game rentals, club seat season tickets, and hospitality packages. The ideal candidate will possess a history of consistently exceeding sales expectations, engaging self-prospected and distributed leads, completing in-arena and offsite face-to-face new sales appointments, navigating complex sales strategies, and completing executive sales presentations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consistently meet and exceed annual goals and expectations set forth by Ticketing leadership and the organization.
- Execute complex sales strategies that maximize new business revenue generation through year-round proactive outreach and engagement tactics by leveraging multi-channel communication platforms.
- Set and conduct in-arena and offsite face-to-face appointments throughout the Pittsburgh metro area and surrounding communities with potential prospects and sales leads.
- Track touchpoints and progress through proper use of internal database and systems.
- Game day and arena event responsibilities including, but not limited to client interactions, hosting prospects, box office activities, plus strategic sales initiatives.
- Provide general office support for overall departmental and organizational operations.
- Foster positive and cooperative internal relationships with departmental colleagues, plus key inter-departmental contacts
- Collaborate with Premium Service Department to create unique prospecting events.
- Participate in various team and community events, as well as social and civic activities.
- Participate in special projects and organizational initiatives as assigned.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned by Management.
Required Skills, Experience and Abilities
To perform the job successfully, you should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Minimum 3+ years high-level sales experience. Sports and entertainment industry preferred.
- You should be a self-starter with a positive attitude
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business, Sports Management, Marketing or related field
- Be customer service and fan experience oriented
- Excellent communication skills including written and verbal; ability to present ideas clearly and concisely
- Solid prioritization and organizational skills, being able to handle multiple projects at once
- The ability to thrive in a dynamic, deadline driven environment
- Ability to network throughout the business community and various organizations
- Flexibility to adapt to a frequently changing work environment, and deliver on challenging demands
- Interpersonal skills – ability to maintain confidentiality, listens to others, and willing to try new ideas
- Ability to drive toward specific goals and results
- Presents self in professional manner and have the ability to interact with all levels of the organization and outside contacts and maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Available to work a variable schedule, including holidays, nights, weekends, and all Arena events
We believe that a diverse team is vital to building the world’s best sports ticketing team. Thus, we strongly encourage you to apply if you identify with any underrepresented community across race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all of our employees are enabled and empowered to succeed and thrive.