Summary of this Position:
The FSM Partnership Solutions team and the Pittsburgh Penguins Partnerships team are seeking an ambitious storyteller and commercially strategic teammate, responsible for building partnership platforms and strategies alongside the Pittsburgh Penguins and FSM’s partnerships team. The Manager, Partnership Solutions will lead all partnership solution responsibilities for the Pittsburgh Penguins including but not limited to platform ideation and development, asset management, brand research and prospecting, pipeline management, and deck development, amongst additional responsibilities. The Manager, Partnership Solutions will report to the Vice President, Partnership Solutions at FSM, while working day-to-day with the Pittsburgh Penguins Partnership Sales and Partnership Marketing teams, as well as coordinating with key departments internally at FSM and the Penguins and externally across new business and existing clients.
- Serve as the conduit across the Penguins Partnership Sales and Partnership Marketing teams, alongside FSM in maximizing revenue opportunities across the property.
- Work alongside internal business stakeholders and key departments in building integrated partnership opportunities.
- Build relationships with new business prospects as well as existing Penguins partners.
- Support the development and ideation of commercial marketing platforms across the Pittsburgh Penguins and at times, Sportsnet Pittsburgh.
- Help develop and evolve the Penguins go-to-market narrative/overview story.
- Lead the narrative/creation of content tied to marquee assets and new partnership opportunities.
- Coordinate with the sales team to build pitch presentations materials utilized to support all active brand conversations while meeting key brand objectives/KPI’s.
- Collaborate with the Penguins and FSM Creative teams on all partnership materials development.
- Work alongside the Partnership Marketing team and Partnership Sales team on managing all available inventory for partnership proposal packaging.
- Build and manage partnership terms sheets.
- Participate in sales meetings with Penguins and FSM sales/new business reps as needed.
- Support the Partnership Sales team in prospecting strategy efforts, including identifying key categories, brands and marketing initiatives to leverage while working alongside the FSM Sales Planning & Operations Team.
- Collaborate and help lead strategy sessions within the Penguins and FSM sales teams.
- Compile and gain insights from market research across sports and entertainment industries to share collectively across the Penguins Partnerships team and FSM.
- Assist in the management of all CRM activity and pipeline.
- Coordinate with FSM Finance team on all deal term details.
- Help lead prospecting hospitality/events.
- Assist with workflow best practices and efficiencies across the Penguins Partnerships team and FSM.
- Become a platform expert in select marketing platform initiatives (i.e. sustainability, women’s empowerment, diversity, etc.).
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree (degree in marketing, business administration, sports management, communications, etc.).
- 5-6 years of experience with brand strategy, activation, and/or sponsorship sales in a team, league, brand, or agency setting.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal day-to-day oversight.
- Motivated by challenging the status quo and thinking “outside of the box”.
- Experience in developing sales presentations and go-to-market strategies for a global brand or property.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with strong storytelling capabilities.
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Passion for sports marketing, media, promotions, and sponsorship sales.
- Confidence in working effectively in CRM (Salesforce, etc.).
- Passion for purpose driven partnerships, including but not limited to sustainability, women’s empowerment, DEI, STEM, community, etc.
- Ability to build strong relationships both internally across the organization, as well as externally with clients and brands.
- Must be able to travel, work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.