Reports to: Manager, Business Intelligence and Data Analytics
Based at: This is a remote position.
Job Description: The Pittsburgh Penguins are currently seeking a Business Intelligence & Data Analytics intern for the summer of 2023. The position will contribute to key Business Intelligence and Analytics initiatives using data and technology. The position is an unpaid position with the potential to earn college credit.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Work in a collaborative and project-based environment supporting Business Intelligence initiatives
- Use technical and statistical methods to develop key insights and processes to support decision making across different business units including ticket sales, CRM, sponsorship, digital and marketing
- Utilize Tableau for analysis and to create dashboards
- Analyze fan related data as it relates to demographics, psychographics, behavior and historical trends
- Develop and apply statistical models to business processes
- Create automated custom reports as needed
- Assist in data acquisition and data cleansing
Candidates should possess the following qualifications:
- Pursuing a degree in an analytical, mathematical, technical or business-related field
- Required: Must have completed sophomore year in an undergraduate program
- Preferred Technical Skills: Programming experience (SQL, R or Python)
- Preferred Technical Skills: Familiarity with business intelligence platforms (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, Looker, Domo)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.