In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Manager, Partnership Sales
The New York Islanders Hockey Club is one of the most iconic franchises in professional sports, with a deeply passionate and loyal fanbase. The 2022-23 season marks the 50th Anniversary of Islanders hockey, and we are commemorating our history to propel us forward. Isles Nation celebrates four consecutive Stanley Cups in the 1980s, numerous all-stars and hall of famers, a state-of-the-art arena, millions raised for charities in our communities, and much more. We will add on to that legacy with the help of our diverse team that embodies what it means to be a part of the Blue & Orange.
The Manager, Partnership Sales is responsible for driving long-term corporate partnerships revenue for the New York Islanders and UBS Arena. The position reports to the Vice President, Partnership Sales and will be focused on generating revenue from national, regional and local partnerships.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identify, source, and develop new partnerships on a national, regional, and local scale through research, benchmarking, and business intelligence across the market.
- Develop creative go-to-market strategies to secure partners in open and untapped categories.
- Lead sales meetings and develop relationships with high-level decision makers.
- Leverage the extensive internal network to assist with making warm introductions and lead generation.
- Work closely with key internal stakeholders to build out full integrated partnerships.
- Identify strategic growth opportunities for the New York Islanders, UBS Arena, and other properties through non-traditional inventory, platforms and partners.
- Work closely with the Islanders Business Analytics team to incorporate research and data into sales strategy, prospecting, and new business efforts.
- Flexible and reliable teammate; always acting in the best interest of their department and the organization as a whole.
- Keen attention to detail, strong problem solving and decision-making skills, and the ability to maintain productive, positive relationships through strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable leading sales meetings and having direct dialogue with decision makers for brands.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years of revenue generation partnership sales experience with a professional team, league, media or entertainment organization.
- Expertise in developing and selling partnership platforms.
- A track record of driving revenue growth for major entertainment and sporting events.
- High level of commitment to quality work product and organizational ethics, integrity, compliance, promptness, and timeliness.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point.
- Ability to travel and to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
The Fine Print
The New York Islanders are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.