In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
New York Islanders Hockey Club
A storied sports franchise…a world-class arena…the best fans…
Our Game Plan
The New York Islanders Hockey Club is one of the most iconic franchises in professional sports with a deeply passionate and loyal fanbase. We won four consecutive Stanley Cups in the early 1980s and are well on our way to adding to that legacy. The next few years will be action-packed as we complete our world-class, state-of-the-art UBS arena, reposition our brand in the Long Island and Metro New York markets, and prepare to reclaim the Stanley Cup.
We are hiring a Graphic Designer. If you are passionate about creating and delivering design content and growing your career in the sports & entertainment industry, then we want to get to know you.
How to Make the Team
We are looking for a Graphic Designer with conceptual capabilities who are prepared to take their ideas through to final delivery over print and digital.
Experience in working in a creative environment and full working knowledge of both print and digital production delivery techniques.
This role requires a ‘can do attitude and will reside within the Islanders & UBS Arena Creative Department and will report directly to the Creative Director. This person will also engage with the Directors of Marketing and Social Media Managers for both Islanders and UBS Arena, the Director of Marketing Activations, Community Relations Director, Executive Director of Communications, Social Media Manager, Web Content Producer, Senior Video Producer, media + external creative agencies, the marketing team as well as the broader our team at UBS Arena.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of design and production software to craft solutions with high visual impact that will help to elicit positive responses from our various customer and client segments. This person will work on a variety of projects that span the entire New York Islanders brand including brand identity, motion graphics, digital, website, social media, email, arena signage, sales collateral and community events, etc, They will also work on projects related to non-hockey programming at UBS Arena, including show announcements and on-going arena initiatives as required.
Show Us You Can
· Create and deliver design concepts that can leverage the history of the Islanders franchise
· Develop creative that supports sales and builds equity in the Islanders and UBS Arena brands
· Work within brand guidelines and any established campaign structure
· Execute and produce different creative content for all UBS Arena events
· Take tasks from design brief through to implementation on multiple platforms
· Solid understanding of design and production software
· Accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task and collaborate
· Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, ie: around hockey games, concerts, and other live events
· Awareness of and interest in the latest digital and social media trends shaping professional sports and live entertainment, ie: live and breathe the cross-section of sports, pop culture, music, fashion, art, entertainment
What Skills You’ll Use
· Flexibility: Switch gears on a moment’s notice and adapt to shifting priorities
· Motivation: Leverage your personal skills to drive results and influence success
· Communication: Build relationships within the organization and with potential partners
· Accountability: Take ownership of your work
· Bachelor's Degree
· Minimum of 2-3 years of graphic design experience
· Passionate and invested in your work
· Be curious to learn
· Highly skilled in using industry-leading software and technologies, ie: Adobe Creative Cloud - InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, PowerPoint, and Keynote.
· Proven graphic design experience with a strong portfolio
· Experience in motion preferred (After Effects)
· Possession of creative and artistic flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability, and originality
· Ability to communicate and present ideas whilst explaining design decisions to peers
· Professionalism regarding deadlines
· Fluent in design, sports, fashion, live entertainment, editorial, film, and tech—as well as visual history and classical references
· Comfortable tackling problems head-on and adapting to shifting priorities
· At ease presenting your work and explaining design decisions
· A motivated self-starter with a no-task-too-small attitude
· A champion of great design
Where You’ll Go
What’s in it for You
· Join an iconic NHL® franchise and the historic launch of a brand entertainment new arena in New Yor
· Expand your skills and experience in a leadership role
· Comprehensive Medical and Dental benefits
· Paid time off
The Fine Print
The New York Islanders are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.