Our Game Plan
The New York Islanders Hockey Club is one of the most iconic franchises in professional sports with a deeply passionate and loyal fanbase. We have won four consecutive Stanley Cups in the early 1980s and are well on our way to add to that legacy. The next few years will be action-packed as we play our inaugural season in our world-class, state-of-the-art arena, reposition our brand in the Long Island and Metro New York markets, and prepare to reclaim the Stanley Cup.
We are hiring an Associate Producer, Video Production for a full-time role, reporting to our Director of Video Production. If you have a ‘can do’ attitude, a devotion to your craft, and a passion for sports, we want to hear from you.
How to Make the Team
Our producers bring exceptional cinematic video production and communication skills and possess a strong work ethic. You should have the skill to produce, shoot, light and edit with a focus on cinematic storytelling. This role requires you to be able to work collaboratively and independently as you will be assisting the entire Video Production & Game Presentation departments. This position also requires a high degree of personal integrity, timeliness, workload prioritization and exceptional problem-solving skills.
Show Us You Can
- Conceptualize, produce, and edit cinematic storytelling content consistent with NYI brand and values.
- Capture visually stimulating cinematic content utilizing a variety of cameras and production equipment
- Catalog footage and maintain NYI archival storage library
- Attend all home games, practices and select away games
- Maintain a composed manner while working with Professional Athletes, Hockey Operations Staff and Islanders Fans
- Support Game Presentation department in all game night related content with the ability to fulfill last minute changes prior and during the game
- Excel in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task, collaborate and deliver projects on-time
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of video production and editing experience (portfolio required)
- Expert knowledge of shooting with professional mirrorless and ENG cameras
- Expert knowledge of non-linear editing software and Adobe Creative Suite
- Advanced field of production experience & lighting techniques
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays with flexibility as company priorities change
- Must have a vehicle for transportation
Where You’ll Go
- Based in our Floral Park location (currently remote due to workplace restrictions)
- Northwell Health Ice Center for team practices
- UBS Arena for all home games
- Team events (events can fall on evenings, weekends, and/or holidays)
- Travel is required via air, train and or car. Most travel includes an overnight stay for one or more nights
What’s in it for You
- Gain core video production and live event experience for an iconic NHL® franchise
- Be a part of the Opening Year of UBS Arena at Belmont Park
- Comprehensive Medical and Dental Benefits
- Employer matched 401K
- Paid Time Off
- Complimentary tickets for select home games
- Employee discount at the New York Islanders Pro Shops
The Fine Print
The New York Islanders are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.