Staff Accountant - Bridgeport Islanders (Bridgeport · CT)
Bridgeport Islanders jobs
Sports Jobs in Bridgeport · CT
Accounting and Finance: Accounting/Finance other
We Are All Islanders
Our Game Plan
(Re)Born out of the 20-year history of AHL hockey in the state’s largest city, the Bridgeport Islanders are officially here. On the precipice of our 20th anniversary season, there has never been a better time to flip the switch and reboot the system, planting our flag as the official home of Connecticut hockey. We are strengthening our connection to our parent club, because when it comes down to it, We Are All Islanders.
How to Make the Team
We are hiring a Staff Accountant. If you are passionate about building your financial career in the sports & entertainment industry, then we want to get to know you. Bring a willingness to learn, your strong analytical skills as you will be preparing and maintaining financial records to track the organization’s assets, liabilities, profit and loss and other related financial activities. You will report directly to the Director of Finance and will engage frequently with all departments across our six entities.
Show Us You Can
- Prepare all balance sheet reconciliations and record monthly accruals.
- Reconcile bank accounts at least monthly, verify deposits, and address inquiries from banks.
- Reconcile customer accounts, intercompany accounts, and other financial accounts.
- Provide outside auditors with assistance; gather necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
- Produce G&A department reports including current month and year to date line-item expenses v. budget, forecast and prior year (as applicable). Answer inquiries and questions as needed.
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Who You Are?
- Accountable: Take ownership of your work and of your projects from start to finish.
- Flexible: Switch gears on a moment’s notice and adapt to shifting priorities.
- Collaborative: Build cross-functional relationships within the organization and with vendors and partners.
- Passionate: Bring energy and a can-do attitude to the role every day.
- Solutions-Oriented: Show off your problem solving and decision-making skills while focusing on the solutions in every case.
Your Training & Talent
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field preferred.
- 1-3 years of accounting, finance, or other relevant experience. A mix of public and private accounting preferred.
- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment with ability to multi-task and collaborate.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours.
- Exceptional account management and customer service skills.
- Passionate and invested in your work.
- Curious to learn and build upon already existing skill set.
- Motivated, self-starter with a no-task-too-small attitude.
- Strong written, verbal, communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
Where You will Go
- Based in Webster Bank Arena's offices. Currently remote due to workplace restrictions.
What is in It for You
- Core accounting and finance experience for an iconic NHL® franchise in our quest for a 5th Stanley Cup.
- Experience and growth in the sports industry.
- Comprehensive Medical and Dental benefits.
- Employer matched 401K.
- Paid time off.
- Complimentary tickets for select home games.
- Employee discount at New York Islanders Pro Shops.
The Fine Print
The New York Islanders are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Do you have 2+ years of accounting, finance, or other relevant experience?
Do you have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field?