Public Address Announcer - Bridgeport Islanders (Bridgeport · CT)
Bridgeport Islanders jobs
Sports Jobs in Bridgeport · CT
Event Management: Live Event Production: Announcers, DJs, MCs
We are all Islanders
Our Game Plan
The Bridgeport Islanders are looking for a dynamic and passionate announcer that can help take our in-game experience to a new level. As the AHL affiliate of the New York Islanders, we pride ourselves on providing top-tier entertainment and engaging content to our fanbase that stretches from Fairfield County all the way across the Long Island Sound.
How to Make the Team
The Public Address Announcer is a key teammate and vocal leader of the gameday operations staff. They are responsible for providing all announcements in the arena during games, including player introductions, in-game updates and details, and sponsor promotions, as needed.
Show Us You Can
- Announce all in-arena reads including player introductions, in-game updates and details, and sponsor promotions, as needed
- Abide by all AHL Rules and Procedures while maintaining clear communication with game operations staff and production team, as well as off-ice official team
- Demonstrate an ability and willingness to work flexible hours
- Present yourself in a professional manner while in public, including all social media networks and platforms
What Skills You’ll Use
Accountability: Take complete ownership of your work
Public Speaking: Clear communication and strong attention to detail
Leadership: Take initiative and display desire to learn
Adaptability: Quickly pivot tasks without sacrificing quality
Teamwork: Showcase a team-first mentality
Enthusiasm: Bring high level of energy and passion each day
- 2-3 years of experience in professional speaking (public address announcing, radio broadcasting, voice-over talent, public speaking)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of hockey rules and game situations
- High energy and strong work ethic
- Ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment and as part of a team
- High ethical standards and commitment to the organization’s core values
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Flexible schedule. Must be able to work home games, nights, weekends, and holidays as required
Where You’ll Go
During the season, you will primarily report to the arena for home games. You will also be requested to attend off site events in the community during nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
What’s In It for You
- Bridgeport Islanders Tickets
- Opportunities for Tickets to Select Arena Events
- Being Part of a Growing Team/Business
- A Fun and Exciting Atmosphere
The Fine Print
The Bridgeport Islanders are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Do you have 2+ years of experience in professional speaking (public address announcing, radio broadcasting, voice-over talent, public speaking) ?
Are you able to work home games, nights, weekends, and holidays?