Mascot Performers - Bridgeport Islanders (Bridgeport · CT)
Bridgeport Islanders jobs
Sports Jobs in Bridgeport · CT
We Are All Islanders
Our Game Plan
The Bridgeport Islanders are looking for a select group of energetic, outgoing, and highly motivated individuals to become the team mascot during the season. Storm’s appearances include, but are not limited to, community appearances, team / sponsor events, and all home games. Mascot Performers must possess excellent non-verbal communication skills, a strong work ethic, and be able to engage with fans in an exciting and positive manner.
How to Make the Team
Mascot Performers will promote the Bridgeport Islanders at various team and community appearances and all home games. Must be able to attend all pre-determined events. Individuals must be athletically and physically fit, provide a positive attitude, and be detail oriented.
This role requires a ‘can do’ attitude and will reside within the Islanders Gameday Operations team and will report directly to the Fan Engagement & Marketing Manager.
Show Us You Can
- Maintain the character and personality of Storm at all times during team appearances and home games
- Create an exciting atmosphere while engaging with fans and supporters
- Ability to be trained, coached, and assessed as Storm
- Assist with planning, development, and execution of mascot skits and performances with marketing, sponsorship, and operations departments
- Provide an exceptional level of customer service to all fans, partners, and community members
- Work all pre-determined of site events and appearances as well as home games
- Serve as an ambassador of the Bridgeport Islanders to the community and represent the Islanders brand in a professional and responsible manner
- Work extended or irregular hours during nights, weekends, and holidays
What Skills You’ll Use
Accountability: Take complete ownership of your work
Creativity: Contribute to the team with new ideas and concepts
Trustworthy: Represent the Bridgeport Islanders with integrity and respect
Energy: Create an exciting atmosphere in various environments
Enthusiasm: Bring high level of energy and passion each day
- Have high energy and work ethic
- Ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment and as part of a team, taking on tasks at all levels
- High ethical standards and commitment to the organization’s core values
- Previous mascot experience preferred
- Flexible schedule. Must be able to work home games, nights, weekends, and holidays as required
- Must be willing to work in outdoor conditions
- Willingness for prolonged standing; able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
- Ability to perform under pressure and in front of large crowds
- Physically and athletically fit and in good conditioning due to intensified heat within suit
Where You’ll Go
During the season, you will primarily report to the arena for home games. You will also be required to attend off site events and appearances in the community during nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
What’s In It for You
- Bridgeport Islanders Tickets
- Opportunities for Tickets to Select Arena Events
- Being Part of a Growing Team/Business
- A Fun and Exciting Atmosphere
The Fine Print
The Bridgeport Islanders are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Do you have previous mascot experience?
Are you able to work nights, weekends, and holidays?