Our Game Plan
The Bridgeport Islanders are looking for dedicated Ice Crew members for the season. As the AHL affiliate of the New York Islanders, we pride ourselves on providing top-tier entertainment and engaging content to our fanbase that stretches from Fairfield County all the way across the Long Island Sound.
We are hiring Ice Crew Members. If you are passionate about the game of hockey and growing your career in the sports & entertainment industry, then we want to get to know you.
How to Make the Team
Members of our Ice Crew are key teammates of the Islanders and help us take care of the ice as we put on an exciting show for fans. They are dedicated to performing their on-ice duties to the best of their abilities and are ideally available for all regular season home games through April, as well as playoff games, if necessary.
This role requires a ‘can do’ attitude and will reside within the Islanders Gameday Operations team and will report directly to the Fan Engagement & Marketing Manager.
Show Us You Can
- Assist with snow/ice removal during stoppages in play
- Support the gameday operations staff with on-ice activations and activities
- Assist the ticket sales staff with group tickets assets such as fan tunnels, on-ice flags, youth hockey intermissions, and singing groups
- Work with the gameday staff on live promotional giveaways
What Skills You’ll Use
Accountability: Take complete ownership of your work
Creativity: Contribute to the team with new ideas and concepts
Leadership: Take initiative and display desire to learn
Adaptability: Quickly pivot tasks without sacrificing quality
Teamwork: Showcase a team-first mentality
Enthusiasm: Bring high level of energy and passion each day
- 3-5 years of strong ice-skating experience; prior hockey playing experience preferred
- Passionate and invested in your work
- Professionalism regarding deadlines and punctuality
- A motivated self-starter with a no-task-too-small attitude
Where You’ll Go
You will primarily report to our Bridgeport, CT office, along with:
What’s In It for You
- Bridgeport Islanders Tickets
- Opportunities for Tickets to Select Arena Events
- Being Part of a Growing Team/Business
- A Fun and Exciting Atmosphere
The Fine Print
The Bridgeport Islanders are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.