Job Title: Sales Manager, Sales Academy
Department: Ticket Sales & Service
Job Reports To: Senior Director of Ticket Sales & Service
Position Overview: The Sales Academy Manager is responsible for assisting Ticket Sales & Service leadership in the recruiting, hiring, training, and day-to-day management of the Smashville Sales Academy (Inside Sales) staff. This individual will also be responsible for continuing and growing our efforts to generate maximum revenue through the sale of full season, partial season, premium and group ticket plans.
Are you a servant leader with a positive attitude and passion for helping others achieve their goals?
We'd love to hear from you!
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Smashville Sales Academy staff.
- Assist in recruiting and identifying potential Sales Associate candidates.
- Lead the introductory training program and onboarding process for new Sales Associates, alongside the Human Resources Team.
- Join on sales calls and appointments to instruct on and assist with the sales process where applicable.
- Establish and grow relationships with collegiate Sports Management programs locally, regionally, and nationally in order to create a pipeline for future Sales Associate candidates.
- Monitor volume of outbound phone calls, emails, SMS, face-to-face appointments, and reporting of sales results for the Smashville Sales Academy daily, weekly, and monthly.
- Develop and implement best in class sales strategies to enhance revenue opportunities.
- Establish and implement a plan to increase sales to the business community.
- Maintain schedule and timekeeping for Smashville Sales Academy.
- Create fun and engaging sales contests and plan team outings quarterly to grow the culture within the Sales Academy.
- Work the majority of Predators home games with the purpose of leading the Smashville Sales Academy, servicing customers, and performing other miscellaneous game night duties as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum 2-3 years of successful ticket sales experience with a professional, minor league or college sports team.
- Minimum 1 year of successful sales management experience preferred.
- Must possess a bold, competitive, and proactive demeanor.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Flexibility and willingness to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Basic proficiency with computers and MS Office programs.
- Experience with Archtics, and Ticketmaster is preferred, but not required.
Essential Physical Functions:
- Physical activities include sitting, walking and standing for prolonged periods of time, as well as bending, squatting, climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, lifting, grasping, balancing and handling of materials.
- Ability to speak and communicate clearly with others.
- Ability to work in cold temperatures on occasion and lift and carry a minimum of 20 lbs.
- Excellent speaking and listening skills, requiring the perception of speech.
Preds Perks: | In addition to medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, all full-time employees of the Nashville Predators and entities are eligible for Preds Perks. These currently include the following: Competitive pay, referral bonuses, 401K eligibility, priority access to event presales, tickets to events (when available), Nashville Locker Room (pro shop) discount, premium pay for overnight shifts, 19+ days of paid time off each year, Ford Ice Center programming discount, on demand pay, and bonus potential
Equal Opportunity Employer: Nashville Predators is an equal opportunity employer. The organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability status, genetic information, or any other applicable federal or state protected classification. The organization celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact Margie Horwitz at [email protected] to request an accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.